Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Mobile version does not display on Blackberry Curve 8530
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mobile version does not display on Blackberry Curve 8530

Mobile version does not display on Blackberry Curve 8530 13 years, 2 months ago #3429

• dcl3485
  • Fresh Boarder
I have Mobile Joomla! version 0.9.11 installed and the mobile version displays on almost all devices. I am using www.mobilephoneemulator.com/ to check multiple devices. However, the mobile version of my website does not display on my Blackberry Curve 8530 - I get the full web version. When I view other websites, I can see the mobile versions. I have also viewed my website on other Blackberry Curve phones (the 8330) and I do see the mobile version. My website is www.lakebluff.org. Is the mobile version not displaying on the 8530 because it is a newer phone? Is there a file where I can specify the specific user agent for my phone? The user agent that my phone displays is BlackBerry8530. I am running Joomla version 1.5.22. Thank you.
Last Edit: 13 years, 2 months ago by dcl3485.

Re: Mobile version does not display on Blackberry Curve 8530 13 years, 2 months ago #3469

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
1. Visit mobilejoomla.com/uatest.php with Blackberry Curve 8530 and post here UserAgent of the device.
2. Then visit mobilejoomla.com/uatest.php (with the same device) and post here the result of detecting.

Re: Mobile version does not display on Blackberry Curve 8530 13 years, 2 months ago #3472

• dcl3485
  • Fresh Boarder
This is what displays when I visit www.mobilejoomla.com/uatest.php on my BlackBerry8530:

BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VenderID/104

After that it says:

simple: ''
terawurfl: 'xhtml'

I'm not sure what you mean by posting the result of detecting.
Last Edit: 13 years, 2 months ago by dcl3485.

Re: Mobile version does not display on Blackberry Curve 8530 13 years, 2 months ago #3473

• dryabov
  • Administrator
uatest.php also says that this device is determined as xhtml-compatible by both simple and terawurfl detectors. So, the only idea I have is that you click on "Standard version" link in the past. Try to clear cookies and test again.

Re: Mobile version does not display on Blackberry Curve 8530 13 years, 2 months ago #3477

• dcl3485
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you for the quick response. This is a new phone and the first time I visited the site it did not display the mobile version. I did clear the cache but am still seeing the standard version.

Re: Mobile version does not display on Blackberry Curve 8530 13 years, 2 months ago #3479

• dryabov
  • Administrator
simple: ''terawurfl: 'xhtml'

means that Mobile-Simple plugin considers your device as desktop browser, but terawurfl correctly determines it as mobile device. So, check that Mobile-TeraWurfl plugin is correctly installed and published (and that it runs after Mobile-Simple plugin).

Re: Mobile version does not display on Blackberry Curve 8530 13 years, 2 months ago #3480

• dcl3485
  • Fresh Boarder
Mobile-TeraWURFL is enabled and is in a later position in the plugin order than Mobile-Simple. The parameters in Mobile-TeraWURFL are:

Force to use mysql4-compatible version: No (use mysql5)
Enable Caching: Yes
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.