Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Mobile Joomla not working with Blackberry 9700
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mobile Joomla not working with Blackberry 9700

Mobile Joomla not working with Blackberry 9700 13 years, 2 months ago #3074

Hi guys I've some problems with this great component and I hope you can help me as soon as possible
My client has a Blackberry 9700.
When he goes to this website http://www.isi-investigazioni.it he sees the standard version instead of the mobile version. The mobile site is working fine with iphones.
The wierd thing is that i did some testing using a mobile devices simulator www.mobilephoneemulator.com/ and it was working with the BB.

Some specs.:
User agent: BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.344 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/132
Joomla! 1.5.22
PHP ver.: 5.2.17
Hosting provider: www.aruba.it
MobileJoomla 0.9.10

Thank you vert much.

Re: Mobile Joomla not working with Blackberry 9700 13 years, 2 months ago #3076

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
This device is correctly determined by Mobile-Terawurfl plugin. Unfortunately, Mobile-Simple plugin (used when terawurfl is disabled) has very simple detector that cannot detect all existing mobile devices.

Re: Mobile Joomla not working with Blackberry 9700 13 years, 2 months ago #3078

Thank you very much dryabov for your answer.
I just checked and both plugins (Mobile-Simple and Mobile-Terawurfl) are enabled.
I tried to disable the simple and leave only the Terawurfl, but then it wasnt working neither with iphones.

What should I do?

Thank you again.

Re: Mobile Joomla not working with Blackberry 9700 13 years, 2 months ago #3079

• dryabov
  • Administrator
giuseppepiova wrote:

What should I do?

Check the order of plugins: Mobile-Simple should be triggered before Mobile-Terawurfl.

Re: Mobile Joomla not working with Blackberry 9700 13 years, 2 months ago #3082

Thank you again dryabov, I changed the order of the plugins and now the site seems not working at all for mobile versions.

Meanwhile my antivirus says the website I was using for testing (www.mobilephoneemulator.com/ ) is not trustworthy anymore, do you have any online mobile device emulator to test mobile joomla websites?

The error I receive using the Firefox User Agent for Iphone is:

Content Encoding Error
The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression. * Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Re: Mobile Joomla not working with Blackberry 9700 13 years, 2 months ago #3083

Updates.. the emulator website is now back again.

But my website is a bit sick now.

The Iphone version wont work
The BB version (in the emulator) has an error
Warning: strpos() [function.strpos]: Empty delimiter in /web/htdocs/www.isi-investigazioni.it/home/administrator/components/com_mobilejoomla/imagerescaler.class.php on line 124

I tried to change the order of the plugins back to first version.. but it doesnt work...

Re: Mobile Joomla not working with Blackberry 9700 13 years, 2 months ago #3084

• dryabov
  • Administrator
You have empty value for "Desktop URL" setting that leads to a warning in imagerescaler.class.php and seems (for unknown reason) it breaks site content.

Re: Mobile Joomla not working with Blackberry 9700 13 years, 2 months ago #3085

Ooookay sorry guys for the mess up, I was able to fix the "new" errors, now it works ok BUT still the BB9700 will see the standard version of the webiste and not the mobile version!

Is there any line of code I can add somewhere to some php files, to add the agent of my client?

Thank you so much!

Re: Mobile Joomla not working with Blackberry 9700 13 years, 2 months ago #3086

• dryabov
  • Administrator
Test your site again, because it correctly work with UserAgent that you mention above (Bold 9700).
IPhone version works well also.

Re: Mobile Joomla not working with Blackberry 9700 13 years, 2 months ago #3093

Thank you, the client said now it works correctly it was a problem in his BB browser.

Thanks for the help, I really appreciated.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.