Username Password: Remember me

Mobile site on desktop
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mobile site on desktop

Mobile site on desktop 10 years, 3 months ago #16742

• pethr
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, strange thing happened, for a short period of time last month our website (j2.5, mj1.2. started to appear in mobile view even for desktop users, even though it probably didn't last long, those users are stuck with mobile template (the cookie doesn't seem to ever expire). I know that it can be fixed by deleting cookies but there is no way we can explain that to our users (a big website). Is it possible to reset the cookie or force update/ignore? Any other solution? To make the matters worse we don't allow manual template switching as we use Mobile Joomla merely for image downscaling (the template is responsive and doesn't need switching) so those users have no way of switching to desktop view. Thank you for any help.

Re: Mobile site on desktop 10 years, 3 months ago #16746

• pethr
  • Fresh Boarder
Solved by renaming the cookie (mjmarkup) in plugins/system/mobilebot/mobilebot.php and administrator/components/com_mobilejoomla/mobilejoomla.html.php

Re: Mobile site on desktop 10 years, 2 months ago #16976

• stanster
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi
I am having the same issue.  All a bit new to me this but can i ask if you changed mjmarkup as shown below to something different like my cookie for example like I've done in the version below that

if($markup === false && isset($_COOKIE['mjmarkup']))
$markup = self::CheckMarkup($_COOKIE['mjmarkup']);

if($markup === false && isset($_COOKIE['mycookie']))
$markup = self::CheckMarkup($_COOKIE['mycookie']);

Thanks in advance

Shaun

Re: Mobile site on desktop 10 years, 2 months ago #16977

• pethr
  • Fresh Boarder
Yes, basically replace all the "mjmarkup" references in the files mentioned with something else.

Re: Mobile site on desktop 10 years, 2 months ago #16978

• stanster
  • Fresh Boarder
You sir are awesome.  I've been trying to fix that for days.  People have been saying the mobile version looks great but not on my desktop and it looks like you have just fixed it for me
Go grab a beer on me

Regards

Shaun

Re: Mobile site on desktop 10 years, 2 months ago #16979

• pethr
  • Fresh Boarder
Happy to help! It took me a while to figure it out as well. Of course it might very well break again as this merely bypasses the issue when you somehow find out it is broken. I think devs should take notice as this clearly can happen and is hard to spot (I never saw it on any of my devices but received reports and was able to verify it on another affected desktop) without user reporting it to site admin which very few people do.
Last Edit: 10 years, 2 months ago by pethr.

Re: Mobile site on desktop 10 years, 2 months ago #16980

• stanster
  • Fresh Boarder
Hmmm that was short lived lol.  Now only mobile version shows on desktop and mobile and iPad.
It did work for ten minutes though

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Shaun

Cancel the above comment
I missed one of the mjmarkups  
Last Edit: 10 years, 2 months ago by stanster.

Re: Mobile site on desktop 10 years, 2 months ago #17042

I am not sure about this.... Hmmm
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.