Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Mobile Joomla has stopped showing mobile site - what now?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mobile Joomla has stopped showing mobile site - what now?

Mobile Joomla has stopped showing mobile site - what now? 11 years ago #14394

• aalto
  • Fresh Boarder
Mobile Joomla has stopped showing the mobile site and after two hours of trying to reverse engineer the code, I thought I'd save some time by asking:  How do you debug this?  Is there a development setting I can enable?  Is there somewhere that I can check to ensure that the device is being properly detected?  

For what it's worth, I have confirmed that the mobile template works by adding "?device=iphone" to the URL and I successfully get the iPhone template.

We are running Joomla 1.5 and Mobile Joomla 1.1.1.  (Please note upgrading is not an option at the moment.)

Any help would be sincerely appreciated!

Alex

Re: Mobile Joomla has stopped showing mobile site - what now? 10 years, 10 months ago #15090

try making an htaccess file with this in it:

RewriteEngine on
#
# Rewrite to append "device=auto" query string to .html, .htm, .php, or index
# files at any directory level, unless that query string is already present
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} !([^&]+&)*device=auto(&.*)?$
RewriteRule ^(([^/]/)*[^.]+\.(html?|php))?$ /$1?device=auto [QSA,L]

When you just enter the domain, it adds "/?device=auto" to the url and should serve your mobile template again.

ps: do so at your own risk! It worked for me with no ill effects to my joomla install, but who knows what it could do to another one.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.