Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Mobile TeraWURFL plugin - MAJOR memory leak / dll problem!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mobile TeraWURFL plugin - MAJOR memory leak / dll problem!

Mobile TeraWURFL plugin - MAJOR memory leak / dll problem! 12 years, 1 month ago #7837

• tedpruitt
  • Junior Boarder
Info: Latest version of Mobile Joomla (1.0.1), Site is on 1.5.25 Joomla, running on IIS6 server. Have spent most of this morning tracking down a huge memory leak that was causing my server CPU to max out at 100% and make my site unavailable. Tracked it back to some kind of constant query that the Mobile-TeraWURFL plugin is doing. As soon as I disable the plugin (which doesn't seem to muck up the site on my mobile units) the CPU/Memory usage falls back to normal ranges. I assume it's ok to run without this plugin? Any ideas? Let me know if you need further info.
-- Thanks!

Re: Mobile TeraWURFL plugin - MAJOR memory leak / dll problem! 12 years, 1 month ago #7853

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
 I assume it's ok to run without this plugin?

Yes, but in this case MJ cannot detect screen sizes to rescale images correctly.

What process had most of cpu load (php.exe, mysqld.exe, ...)?

Re: Mobile TeraWURFL plugin - MAJOR memory leak / dll problem! 12 years, 1 month ago #7875

• tedpruitt
  • Junior Boarder
I'm not in front of the server now, but I am pretty sure it was MySQL-NT.exe that was maxing out. In the SQL manager it seemed to be running a query on the jos_teraWURFL over and over. As soon as I would disable the plugin and restart SQL it clears up. By the way, this just seemed to crop up in the last RC - i updated to the final to see if it cleared up, but it does it as well. 

Any thoughts ?

-- Ted

Re: Mobile TeraWURFL plugin - MAJOR memory leak / dll problem! 12 years, 1 month ago #7877

• dryabov
  • Administrator
Mobile-TeraWurfl plugin has option to use mysql4-compatible SQLs, maybe this way will reduce load.

By the way, this just seemed to crop up in the last RC

Mobile-TeraWURFL plugin was updated in July last time (MJ 1.0RC), and WURFL database was updated in November (MJ 1.0RC5).

Re: Mobile TeraWURFL plugin - MAJOR memory leak / dll problem! 12 years, 1 month ago #7878

• tedpruitt
  • Junior Boarder
Should I try to uninstall the plugin and reinstall the whole package? I did reinstall the package with teraWURFL disabled as I read of a similar situation in another forum post - I also switched from isam to innodb which I saw in another. Neither of these cleared up the problem. 

-Ted

Re: Mobile TeraWURFL plugin - MAJOR memory leak / dll problem! 12 years, 1 month ago #7879

• tedpruitt
  • Junior Boarder
So what is your suggestion? Is this an update or some change on my server?

Re: Mobile TeraWURFL plugin - MAJOR memory leak / dll problem! 12 years, 1 month ago #7883

• dryabov
  • Administrator
What MySQL version do you use?
On my laptop I have Apache 2.2.17+PHP5.3.4+MySQL5.0.45, and this configuration works well. (Unlikely webserver and php matter here).

Re: Mobile TeraWURFL plugin - MAJOR memory leak / dll problem! 12 years, 1 month ago #7885

• tedpruitt
  • Junior Boarder
Looks like MySQL 5.0.83

Re: Mobile TeraWURFL plugin - MAJOR memory leak / dll problem! 12 years, 1 month ago #7888

• dryabov
  • Administrator
Could you send me ( This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ) your my.cnf file?

Re: Mobile TeraWURFL plugin - MAJOR memory leak / dll problem! 12 years, 1 month ago #7903

• tedpruitt
  • Junior Boarder
Will do on Monday. Thanks for taking a look. 
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.