(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cant get everything to install

Re: Cant get everything to install 12 years, 3 months ago #6976

• Gauranga
  • Junior Boarder
This is my site if it helps:

www.prasadam.org.uk

Maybe you see something else. I have a feeling it may have to do something that this Joomla installation runs not in the root folder but in a sub folder and the site therefore runs on a re-direct. Could that be?

Re: Cant get everything to install 12 years, 3 months ago #6977

• Gauranga
  • Junior Boarder
I have even a more basic query. Which file am I supposed to install:

1.) Mobile-Joomla.1.0-RC5.tar.gz
2.) Mobile-Joomla.1.0-RC5.tar
3.) Mobile-Joomla.1.0-RC5.zip
4.) The unzipped files and folders (Install from Directory)

I tried them all without success.

Re: Cant get everything to install 12 years, 3 months ago #6978

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Gauranga wrote:
Good question. How do I update J!1.5 to the latest 1.5x version? Is the latest version 1.5.23?

Latest is 1.5.25, but MJ works well with 1.5.15+.

Install Mobile-Joomla.1.0-RC5.tar.gz (usually tar.gz is considered as a single extension, and sometimes .tgz is used instead). And check that its size is 1937857 (few years ago I had problem with .gz files in Opera browser because of it tried to unpack such files automatically).

Install from Directory is recommended in following cases:
1. Usual installation leads to blank screen because of timeout. Then directory-installation allows to decrease installation time by skipping unpacking procedure.
2. Joomla (for unknown reason) cannot unpack archive. But it's hardly probable case.

Re: Cant get everything to install 12 years, 3 months ago #6979

• S4BRE
  • Fresh Boarder
ok that fixed but now its doing this
Copy failed
JInstaller: :Install: Failed to copy file /home/s4bre/public_html/TORTUGA-COVE.COM/administrator/components/com_mobilejoomla/packages/modules/mod_mj_header/mod_mj_header.php to /home/s4bre/public_html/TORTUGA-COVE.COM/modules/mod_mj_header/mod_mj_header.php
Copy failed
JInstaller: :Install: Failed to copy file /home/s4bre/public_html/TORTUGA-COVE.COM/administrator/components/com_mobilejoomla/packages/modules/mod_mj_menu/mod_mj_menu.php to /home/s4bre/public_html/TORTUGA-COVE.COM/modules/mod_mj_menu/mod_mj_menu.php
Copy failed
JInstaller: :Install: Failed to copy file /home/s4bre/public_html/TORTUGA-COVE.COM/administrator/components/com_mobilejoomla/packages/modules/mod_mj_markupchooser/mod_mj_markupchooser.php to /home/s4bre/public_html/TORTUGA-COVE.COM/modules/mod_mj_markupchooser/mod_mj_markupchooser.php
Cannot install: Mobile Joomla modules.
Copy failed
JInstaller: :Install: Failed to copy file /home/s4bre/public_html/TORTUGA-COVE.COM/administrator/components/com_mobilejoomla/packages/plugins/mobilebot/mobilebot.php to /home/s4bre/public_html/TORTUGA-COVE.COM/plugins/system/mobilebot/mobilebot.php
Cannot install: Mobile Joomla Plugin.
Error building Admin Menus

Re: Cant get everything to install 12 years, 3 months ago #6980

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
S4BRE, copy failed means that either joomla has no write permissions for modules directory or maybe destination files exist.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.