Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Trouble with installation
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Trouble with installation

Trouble with installation 12 years, 8 months ago #4652

Hi there

Just tried installing this extension. Following error has occured.

Component Install: DB function failed with error number 2006
MySQL server has gone away SQL=INSERT INTO jos_components VALUES( 0, 'MobileJoomla', 'option=com_mobilejoomla', 0, 0, 'option=com_mobilejoomla', 'MobileJoomla', 'com_mobilejoomla', 0, '../administrator/components/com_mobilejoomla/images/mj16x16.gif', 0, '', 1 )
SQL =

INSERT INTO jos_components VALUES( 0, 'MobileJoomla', 'option=com_mobilejoomla', 0, 0, 'option=com_mobilejoomla', 'MobileJoomla', 'com_mobilejoomla', 0, '../administrator/components/com_mobilejoomla/images/mj16x16.gif', 0, '', 1 )

It was not possible to delete the selected file.: 'uninstall.mobilejoomla.php'
It was not possible to delete the selected file.: 'uninstall.mobilejoomla.php'
It was not possible to copy the selected file.
JInstaller::install: Failed to copy file: /tmp/install_4e1d0144b0f4c/mobilejoomla.xml to /home/sap25894/public_html/administrator/components/com_mobilejoomla/mobilejoomla.xml
Component Install: Could not copy setup file
Error Loading ModulesMySQL server has gone away SQL=SELECT id, title, module, position, content, showtitle, control, params FROM jos_modules AS m LEFT JOIN jos_modules_menu AS mm ON mm.moduleid = m.id WHERE m.published = 1 AND m.access <= 2 AND m.client_id = 1 ORDER BY position, ordering

I have downloaded the extension a 2nd time and tried installing again, same problem.

My hosting company supports PHP and MySql versions 5 >

Any ideas?

Re: Trouble with installation 12 years, 8 months ago #4653

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer

Re: Trouble with installation 12 years, 8 months ago #4666

Hi

I tried unpacking the zip file and uploading from the directory. I uploaded the files to my server into the folder /tmp/mobile but when I use this in the "install directory" field it and click on upload it says
Please enter a package directory
It obviously is not seeing the folder for some reason. I have tried all sorts of combinations for the directpry including

/tmp/mobile
/tmp/mobile/
/public_html/tmp/mobile

and none of them seem to work.

I also tried installing from url and I used the url from your web site www.mobilejoomla.com/download.html
and this didn't work either.

That is strike 3 for me??

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Re: Trouble with installation 12 years, 8 months ago #4671

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Did you try the patch from remository.com?
The following user(s) said Thank You: solutions4biz

Re: Trouble with installation 12 years, 8 months ago #4673

Thanks that worked. Template now working fine thanks!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.