Username Password: Remember me

Solved: Uninstallation broke my template
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Solved: Uninstallation broke my template

Solved: Uninstallation broke my template 12 years, 11 months ago #4105

• motterj
  • Fresh Boarder
Help! I installed Mobile Joomla last night, created the pda, iphone, wap, etc. subdomains all pointing to public_html..The only other thing I did was to install the Mobile Solutions template from ThemeZa from within Joomla's installer/uninstaller then from within Mobile Joomla I configured pda to use that template instead of your default green one. I tested it on my Android smartphone and it seemed to work, although the mobile template needed some tweaking regarding module positions and menus. The site was also working normally on my PC.

This morning I couldn't even access our site from my PC- I got the "Incorrect usage of Mobile Joomla" error. I uninstalled Mobile Joomla and removed the subdomains, emptied Joomla's cache and my browser's cache as well, and now I can access the website again but it always comes up using the Rhuk Milkyway template that came with Joomla (1.5.22) instead of the Yoo_Pure template which is assigned as the default. Changing Joomla's default template to any available one no longer works- the site always uses Milkyway no matter what I tell it.

How do I get my template back? Grrr!
Last Edit: 12 years, 11 months ago by motterj.

Re: Uninstallation broke my template 12 years, 11 months ago #4115

• motterj
  • Fresh Boarder
Solved. Mobile Joomla had left behind references to its templates in the jos_template_menu table in the database. I didn't see that because our previous webmaster had created several different databases, and the one that Joomla is using isn't the obviously-named one which is the one I was looking at. Wee PEBKAC issue here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Barnabas
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.