Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

New Version of Mobile Joomla Won't show forced home page
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: New Version of Mobile Joomla Won't show forced home page

New Version of Mobile Joomla Won't show forced home page 11 years, 5 months ago #12597

New Version of Mobile Joomla Won't show forced home page.
My site uses only user positions for the front page so I need to use a forced home page. No matter how I set MJ it won't show the forced page.

Any ideas?

Re: New Version of Mobile Joomla Won't show forced home page 11 years, 5 months ago #12600

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
What Joomla version do you use?

Re: New Version of Mobile Joomla Won't show forced home page 11 years, 5 months ago #12622

We need an answer to this. Or, tell us which version still works for the forced home page.

Re: New Version of Mobile Joomla Won't show forced home page 10 years, 5 months ago #16285

I am currently using version 1.2.7 with joomla 3.0 and the mobile template elegance 1.3.13.

The mobile template is working but the instead of the forced mobile homepage the default desktop homepage is showing up. Any advice on how to fix this?

Re: New Version of Mobile Joomla Won't show forced home page 10 years, 5 months ago #16286

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
1. Do you use 3rd party SEF extensions?
2. What is your SEO Settings state in Joomla's Global configuration (list options and its values)?

Re: New Version of Mobile Joomla Won't show forced home page 10 years, 5 months ago #16287

**Ignore this**
Last Edit: 10 years, 5 months ago by 2A Marketing.

Re: New Version of Mobile Joomla Won't show forced home page 10 years, 5 months ago #16288

OK got those answered

1.No we do not
2.Search engine friendly urls : yes
Use URL rewriting : yes
adds Suffix to URL : no
Unicode aliases : no
Include site name in page titles : no

Re: New Version of Mobile Joomla Won't show forced home page 10 years, 5 months ago #16406

• eskimoroll
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello I have this exact same problem, I just installed Mobilejoomla for the first time.

The templates takes hold, but I always get the desktop homepage...no matter which setting I change.

I was using sh404sef but I have since disabled and uninstalled it with the same results.

I am using a responsive template (Shape5->Newsplace)..but I tried disabling the responsive layout with no change.

I would appreciate any advice pls.

Search engine friendly urls : yes
Use URL rewriting : yes
adds Suffix to URL : no
Unicode aliases : no
Include site name in page titles : yes - after

EDIT: I cleared my cache and cookies between attempts.

Here is some info:
PHP Built On Linux xxx.xxx.xxx 2.6.32-358.23.2.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Oct 16 18:37:12 UTC 2013 x86_64
Database Version 5.5.33-cll-lve
Database Collation utf8_general_ci
PHP Version 5.3.3
Web Server Apache/2.2.15
WebServer to PHP Interface cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version Joomla! 3.1.5 Stable [ Ember ] 01-August-2013 14:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version Joomla Platform 12.2.0 Stable [ Neil Armstrong ] 21-September-2012 00:00 GMT
User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0
Last Edit: 10 years, 5 months ago by eskimoroll.

Re: New Version of Mobile Joomla Won't show forced home page 10 years, 5 months ago #16421

• efn
  • Fresh Boarder
Same issue here. The mobile home page settings work if I turn Joomla SEF URL re-writing off in the Global Configuration. But with the URL re-writing in use, the desktop version of the site displays when the base URL is requested on mobile.

Otherwise, we're using Artio JoomSEF, but I have adjusted its Extension Management for Mobile Joomla to "Don't SEF" so as keep Artio JoomSEF out of contention.

Another issue I've noticed is that unpublished Featured Articles are not honored with Mobile Joomla. IOW: Content > Featured Articles > [ARTICLE NAME] > Published = "unpublished" still displays on Mobile Joomla. That is, it displays when Mobile Joomla incorrectly displays the desktop home page since Mobile Joomla does not redirect to the "Forced Mobile Home" page. By the way, our intended Mobile Home Page is targeted by a specific Mobile Menu that only Mobile Joomla displays. This part works fine. The "Home" menu item in our Mobile Menu goes to the correct Mobile Home Page. Mentioning this just for context.

Re: New Version of Mobile Joomla Won't show forced home page 10 years, 5 months ago #16422

• efn
  • Fresh Boarder
As a temporary fix, we've done the following workaround:

1. For our intended Mobile Home articles, those are now FEATURED but UNPUBLISHED (since Mobile Joomla displays unpublished Featured Articles anyway).

2. For our Mobile Menu, we've changed the "Home" menu item from a type that targets articles to a simle External URL where the value is our base URL (http:// + www + oursite.com).

This works, but it's hacky considering that it uses Mobile Joomla's shortcomings to get the result we need. Insights and advice would be appreciated.
Last Edit: 10 years, 5 months ago by efn.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.12 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.