Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Uninstall Mobile Joomla for the mean time
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Uninstall Mobile Joomla for the mean time

Uninstall Mobile Joomla for the mean time 11 years, 8 months ago #10886

Hi there! I would like to uninstall my Mobile Joomla for the meantime. Please help me know how to do it. Please.

Re: Uninstall Mobile Joomla for the mean time 11 years, 8 months ago #10890

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
If you like to temporary disable it, just unpublish MobileJoomla system plugin.

To uninstall MobileJoomla, just uninstall MobileJoomla component in standard way (it uninstalls additional modules, plugins and templates too).

Re: Uninstall Mobile Joomla for the mean time 11 years, 6 months ago #11612

I tried to uninstall the Mobile Joomla component (in Extension Manager -> Manage). It is the one that has a name of "Mobile Joomla!", a Location of "Administrator", a type of "Component", and version is "1.1.1". I checked the box next to just that item in the Extension Manager, then clicked "Uninstall" at the top-right of the screen. It returned a red bar at the top of the screen with the following error text:

JFolder: :files: Path is not a folder. Path: /home/content/14/9462214/html/dev/administrator/components/com_mobilejoomla
JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find XML setup file
JFolder: :files: Path is not a folder. Path: /home/content/14/9462214/html/dev/administrator/components/com_mobilejoomla
JFolder: :delete: Path is not a folder. Path: /home/content/14/9462214/html/dev/administrator/components/com_mobilejoomla
JFolder: :delete: Path is not a folder. Path: /home/content/14/9462214/html/dev/components/com_mobilejoomla
Component Uninstall: Can't uninstall. Please remove manually

Can you please tell me what my options are to uninstall it. I believe it is causing a fatal error, so I want to remove it completely.

Thank you.

Re: Uninstall Mobile Joomla for the mean time 11 years, 6 months ago #11630

I have resolved my issue on my own. Here's what happened:
I had installed your extension on one server, then moved the web site to another server. To move it, I moved the database (exported, then imported) and my custom template files, but I did not copy all of the Joomla installation files from the old server; I went with a fresh install instead. I did not realize that though your extension component and plugin files still showed up in the administrator, because they were in the database, that they could not be removed because the files were not available to be uninstalled. This was a major oversight on my part, and a lesson learned.

Re: Uninstall Mobile Joomla for the mean time 11 years, 6 months ago #11644

• chienhm
  • Fresh Boarder
alancoughlin wrote:
I tried to uninstall the Mobile Joomla component (in Extension Manager -> Manage). It is the one that has a name of "Mobile Joomla!", a Location of "Administrator", a type of "Component", and version is "1.1.1". I checked the box next to just that item in the Extension Manager, then clicked "Uninstall" at the top-right of the screen. It returned a red bar at the top of the screen with the following error text:

JFolder: :delete: Path is not a folder. Path: /home/content/14/9462214/html/dev/administrator/components/com_mobilejoomla
JFolder: :delete: Path is not a folder. Path: /home/content/14/9462214/html/dev/components/com_mobilejoomla
Component Uninstall: Can't uninstall. Please remove manually

Can you please tell me what my options are to uninstall it. I believe it is causing a fatal error, so I want to remove it completely.

Thank you.

i have a same problem, please help me
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.