tools and methods to configure mobile templates
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: tools and methods to configure mobile templates

tools and methods to configure mobile templates 12 years, 11 months ago #4204

• cyril
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi
we found MobileJoomla to be one of the most advanced and user friendly extension to create iphone versions of our Joomla sites.

However we are facing some difficulties in configuring the css/template

we set up Firefox with Firebug and Agent Switcher to emulate the iphone client on Firefox while keeping the usability of firebug

despites this some text areas from FORMs are too large.

for instance please check zakor.dyndns.org/clevac with your iPhone

on the CONTACT page the MESSAGE area is much too large and we can't find how to properly modify it.

do you have some ideas please?

thanks

Cyril

Re: tools and methods to configure mobile templates 12 years, 11 months ago #4206

• Barnabas
Sorry, I did some more testing and my idea was wrong.
I don't think I'll have an answer for a while.
Last Edit: 12 years, 11 months ago by Barnabas. Reason: I was wrong.

Re: tools and methods to configure mobile templates 12 years, 11 months ago #4223

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Currently MJ has nice support of com_content and in less extent search form of com_search and registration form of com_users. Before few users only was interested in having support of com_contact too. Correct solution here is to copy *.php template files from components/com_contact/views/contact/tmpl to templates/mobile_iphone/html/com_contact/contact/ and change the files to suit your requirements.

PS. Most likely change cols="50" to smth like cols="30" in default_form.php will be sufficient.
Last Edit: 12 years, 11 months ago by dryabov.

Re: tools and methods to configure mobile templates 12 years, 11 months ago #4288

• cyril
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi

thanks for the explanation
however we don'"t use CONTACT but FLEXI CONTACT. Which files should I then copy and where please?

The com_flexicontact subfolder only contains a few php files (no sub directories) and the main one is flexicontact.html.php which contains the COL variable.
when I just copy the folder into templates/mobile_iphone/html/com_flexicontact and modify the mobile template I get no result (it still takes the main temmplate)
thanks

Cyril
Last Edit: 12 years, 11 months ago by cyril.

Re: tools and methods to configure mobile templates 12 years, 11 months ago #4294

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
cyril wrote:
The com_flexicontact subfolder only contains a few php files (no sub directories) and the main one is flexicontact.html.php which contains the COL variable.

It means that FlexiContact isn't native Joomla!1.5 component and doesn't support MVC pattern. It's very hard to mobilize such an extension.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.