Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

search bar not functioning correctly on android only
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: search bar not functioning correctly on android only

search bar not functioning correctly on android only 5 years, 3 months ago #21398

• samrex
  • Junior Boarder
Hi
I have read the forums but can not find a answer
I am Using Joomla 1.5 and Mobile Joomla Pro 1.2.15
I have just noticed on my website www.choicewholesale.com.au that the ajax live search plugin is working perfect on pc and iphone.
for example If we type a eg:wrx it will show results and if we type wrx followed by the enter key it wiill direct to a results page
And has worked in the past on android.
however NOW on a android unit if we type in the search bar the drop down menu shows results but if we type and press enter it does not open the search results page showing all the search results.
Also on android only the background colour behind the search results text on android is transparent and not grey as it is on Iphone and PC
Your assistance will be most appreciated

Re: search bar not functioning correctly on android only 5 years, 3 months ago #21399

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
1. To set background color most likely it is necessary to append something like

#search-results121 { background-color: #fff; }

to templates/mobile_smartphone/css/custom.css.

2. Search works in Android, but it is necessary to know where to click (in the right part of search field) to go to search results page. I don't understand why it is empty, from page sources it looks like a magnifier icon should be displayed there, but background css style points to a directory (modules/mod_universal_ajaxlivesearch/themes/elegant/images/search_button/) instead of image file.

3. Would you like to consider updating MJ 1.2 to 2.1? Device detection in 1.2 is outdated (1.2.15 was released in April 2015) and may detect mobile devices incorrectly.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.06 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.