MobileJoomla and multi-language sites
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: MobileJoomla and multi-language sites

MobileJoomla and multi-language sites 12 years, 9 months ago #4441

• sim085
  • Junior Boarder
Hi

I have a problem with MobileJoomla when using it on multi-lingual Joomla site. Basically these are the steps to re-create the problem.

Install fresh version of Joomla1.6.3
Install Mobile-Joomla.0.9.12
Enable System - Language Filter
Setup MobileJoomla
Create sub-domain iphone.yoursite.com
Set Domain (multisite) support to “Yes”
Set Redirect to domain for iPhone to “Yes”
Go to your browser and enter iphone.yoursite.com

Here I would expect the iPhone template to be loaded. However instead, in my case, I get redirected to yoursite.com/en. If I disable the Language Filter and enter iphone.yoursite.com then the correct iPhone template is loaded. On a real iPhone the site goes from iphone.yoursite.com then to yoursite.com/en then it gives an error message “to many redirects occurred” and as well, when I disable the Language Filter everything works fine.

Is there a way how I can fix this? I host with GoDaddy if it makes any difference.

Re: MobileJoomla and multi-language sites 12 years, 9 months ago #4447

• sim085
  • Junior Boarder
I have done some tests and I noticed that when Language Filter is enabled, putting iphone.yoursite.com/en will load the site correctly. However notice that I needed to specifically define I want the iphone site and the language.

I also tried to set the order for Language Filter to be before Mobile Joomla from the plugins screen. However this does not seem to have had any result.
Last Edit: 12 years, 9 months ago by sim085.

Re: MobileJoomla and multi-language sites 12 years, 9 months ago #4481

• sim085
  • Junior Boarder
I tried to solve the issue from the .htaccess file but so far had little success
What I tried is listening if request is coming from an iphone and if yes then forward the request to iphone.example.com/en. However although from browser this works fine, from htaccess something goes wrong (might be some other rule).

If anyone has any other ideas please share...

Re: MobileJoomla and multi-language sites 12 years, 9 months ago #4503

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
What is the order of published plugins of system group?

Re: MobileJoomla and multi-language sites 12 years, 9 months ago #4537

• sim085
  • Junior Boarder
The plugins and their order are as follows. I did not touch these so they should have their original values.

System - Debug (4)
System - Language Filter (1)
System - Log (5)
System - Logout (9)
System - P3P Policy (2)
System - Redirect (6)
System - Remember Me (7)
System - SEF (8 )

Mobile Joomla! (-99)
Last Edit: 12 years, 9 months ago by sim085.

Re: MobileJoomla and multi-language sites 12 years, 9 months ago #4538

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Try to replace 'config.live_site' by 'live_site' in plugins/mobile/domains/domains.php (and check that Mobile-Domains plugin is published).

Re: MobileJoomla and multi-language sites 12 years, 9 months ago #4554

• sim085
  • Junior Boarder
I did that (there where 3 places that needed to be changed) however on a real iPhone I still get an error and in the address bar I notice the URL changing from iPhone.example.com to example.com/en back to iPhone.example.com and so on until I get an error message telling me that page cannot be opened
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.