Username Password: Remember me

Mobile Joomla and Google
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mobile Joomla and Google

Mobile Joomla and Google 13 years, 4 months ago #695

• skosloff
  • Fresh Boarder
Although the Google page cache appears to be working correctly, there appears to be a problem with the vached preview image. For example, when I go to Google and type:

site:www.mysite.com

I get all of the indexed pages for my site. When I click on the link for the cached version I get the pages for my standard web sites. However, when I click on the image preview the cached image is of the mobile version of my site. Obviously, since this is a bare bones version of the site that's not what I want to show.

My guess is that the component needs to have detection set up for detecting the image preview bot. Here's the user agent:

Mozilla/5.0 (en-us) ApplewebKit/525.13 (KHTML, like Gecko; google web preview) Version/3.1 Safari/525.13

I haven't look through the code yet to see where to put the detection. Before I go digging can anyone tell me where you include the various user agents?

Mobile Joomla and Google 13 years, 4 months ago #2759

• skosloff
  • Fresh Boarder
Come to think of it, there probably should be user agent detection set up for the standard Google bot, the mobile Google bot, the Google image preview bot, and the Yahoo and Bing standard and mobile bots.

Re: Mobile Joomla and Google 13 years, 2 months ago #3270

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Fixed in 0.9.11

Re: Mobile Joomla and Google 11 years, 11 months ago #9470

Is this problem solved ?

Re: Mobile Joomla and Google 11 years, 4 months ago #12855

• Victorgarces
  • Fresh Boarder
  • C@@L
first of all check your google webmaster tool and see where you have submitted your site ?

Web or mobile ...

If you have submitted for mobile you have to change it to the web and 
if you have submitted for web than no any issue

i think so ....  not sure...

Re: Mobile Joomla and Google 11 years, 4 months ago #12856

• Victorgarces
  • Fresh Boarder
  • C@@L
Have you check your cached image by searching for "cached:your home page url" on google....?

if no than check this and than see Which image you see,,,, 
Last Edit: 11 years, 4 months ago by Victorgarces.

Re: Mobile Joomla and Google 11 years, 1 month ago #14030

• raybackjoe
  • Fresh Boarder
indeed there probably must be owner agent recognition arranged for the standard Google bot, the mobile phone Google bot, the Google image preview bot, along with the Yahoo and Bing classique and additionally cell phone bots.

Re: Mobile Joomla and Google 10 years ago #17221

• Tomshaski
  • Fresh Boarder
raybackjoe wrote:
indeed there probably must be owner agent recognition arranged for the standard Google bot, the mobile phone Google bot, the Google image preview bot, along with the Yahoo and Bing classique and additionally cell phone bots.

raybackjoe I'm absolutely agree with you .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.