Username Password: Remember me

Mobile menu is taking over
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mobile menu is taking over

Mobile menu is taking over 12 years, 5 months ago #6301

• oneweb
  • Fresh Boarder
When I test my site with Lynxlet to see how Google crawl trough my site I am getting to the home page of the Smartphone template and getting only the smartphone template menus. Lynxlet is a browser that crawl the site similar to the way google do and Google recommend to test your site using it. 

Please check my site:  www.poker-wizards.com

Re: Mobile menu is taking over 12 years, 5 months ago #6360

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
What is UserAgent header of Lynxlet (you can get it by visiting www.mobilejoomla.com/ua.php)?

Re: Mobile menu is taking over 12 years, 5 months ago #6386

• oneweb
  • Fresh Boarder
I am not really sure what to do with this info

Re: Mobile menu is taking over 12 years, 5 months ago #6423

• oneweb
  • Fresh Boarder
Lynxlet is just a browser that simulate the way google crawl the page. When I used it to test my site after I installed mobile Joomla on it I noticed that it is only crawling the mobile menus. I am trying to make sure Google is able to crawl my entire site and not only the menus that I assigned to mobile joomla. 

Re: Mobile menu is taking over 12 years, 5 months ago #6427

• dryabov
  • Administrator
As far as I know, lynxlet is a port of lynx browser to MacOS. So, it's User-Agent header differs from GoogleBot's one, and most likely Google gets desktop version of the site.
If you put here its User-Agent I will be able to run it through TeraWURFL database to test correctness of its detecting.

Re: Mobile menu is taking over 12 years, 5 months ago #6428

• dryabov
  • Administrator
Just test LynX in Mandriva. TeraWURFL really detects it as a mobile device, but most likely they consider it as a feature because of LynX doesn't display images, not run javascripts, etc., so mobile version may be more suitable here.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.