Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Can I force users to homepage when coming from google?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can I force users to homepage when coming from google?

Can I force users to homepage when coming from google? 13 years, 1 month ago #3563

• hockmasm
  • Junior Boarder
I only want about 20 of my webpages to be displayed as mobile versions. So, i've created a new section and category: mobile/site. I publish my articles that i want on the mobile site there.

Everything works great, however if you find a different link to my website in google and click on it, the mobile version shows but looks all weird because I did not format a mobile version of it.

So, i'd like to prevent users from seeing any of my other sections/categories and if they click on a link in google that does not lead to mobile/site it forces them to the homepage of my mobile version.

Is that possible?
Last Edit: 13 years, 1 month ago by hockmasm.

Re: Can I force users to homepage when coming from google? 13 years, 1 month ago #3583

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Hmm. Joomla processes all the pages in the same way, and there is no simple way to divide them into mobile and nonmobile. The only solution here is to make a plugin that will check current mode (mobile or not), current url, and does redirect depending on plugin's rules.

Re: Can I force users to homepage when coming from google? 13 years, 1 month ago #3662

• mooney101
  • Fresh Boarder
Anyone know of a extension? The site is working great but When A when you go to a link instead of the phone using the mobile version of the same link it goes to the mobile home page. I would like it to detect the phone for that page and redirect to mobile version of that page

Re: Can I force users to homepage when coming from google? 11 years, 7 months ago #11723

• Dhanishta
  • Fresh Boarder
If you've created a mobile version of your website, you'll need to be sure that you redirect your mobile visitors to your mobile website. For example, if someone visits domain.com on their phone, you'll need a way to redirect them to m.domain.com (the mobile version of your site).

Re: Can I force users to homepage when coming from google? 11 years, 6 months ago #12318

• mackada
  • Fresh Boarder
you can achieve this by setting a cookie for example. If the user hasn't the cookie, then you redirect him to the term of use page.

thanks

dainik bhasker

Re: Can I force users to homepage when coming from google? 11 years, 4 months ago #13099

• Victorgarces
  • Fresh Boarder
  • C@@L
Yes it is possible but you have to do some work...

you have to remove old or unweanted url from google web master tool....

You have to create robot.txt and disallow all links which you dont want to see google and user.

and redirct all unnecessary links to proper or home page.
The following user(s) said Thank You: arazzaq321

Re: Can I force users to homepage when coming from google? 11 years, 2 months ago #13756

• mrinks
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi.

Can anyone give me a walk through on how to setup the redirection of links from google? I have created a subdomain, but my main site is ranked on the first page of google for 100's of keywords, but when you click a google link using a mobile phone you get an error, as Mobile Joomla is switching the google page link to a moblie version of my main site.

Example my main site is www.dozydave.co.uk and the mobile site is www.m.dozydave.co.uk.
If you search for childrens entertainer wigan you will see the Dozy Dave site listed on the 1st page. If you click the link on your computer you go to the site www.dozydave.co.uk/index.php/areas-covered/lancashire/wigan and all is fine, but if you click on the mobile you will go to www.m.dozydave.co.uk/index.php/areas-covered/lancashire/wigan you get page error, as there is no link to that in my sub domain. Is there a way to setup Mobile Joomla so that it switches the incoming link from www.m.dozydave.co.uk/index.php/areas-covered/lancashire/wigan to just m.dozydave.co.uk ?

Thanks Dave
Last Edit: 11 years, 2 months ago by mrinks.

Re: Can I force users to homepage when coming from google? 11 years, 2 months ago #13758

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Dave, it looks like you have trailing slash in subdomain name (it should be just name without leading http:// and trailing /; at the same time URL parameter should contain both http:// and trailing /).

Re: Can I force users to homepage when coming from google? 11 years, 2 months ago #13774

• mrinks
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi.
Thanks for your suggestion, but I tried and could not get this to work. Denis logged into my site and made some changes and this helped, but was not perfect. I installed an error page program from www.qlue.co.uk and created a personalized error page that matches my home page and now no matter what link comes in from Google that would normally show an error page, shows my custom error, which is a perfect match of my home page. I have now installed the program onto all my sites.

Re: Can I force users to homepage when coming from google? 10 years, 10 months ago #14808

• saif
  • Banned
  • Corporate Training and Development Programs - Trai
If you set any page for specific Querry search Engine Crawl it. One way you have if you created Backlinks using of Longtail keyword may be google crawl this page.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.