Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Subdomains and main site redirects
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Subdomains and main site redirects

Subdomains and main site redirects 12 years, 4 months ago #6548

I originally had my site set up so that if you viewed any number of domain names on a mobile, you saw the mobile site.

These were: everythingentertainment.com.au - PC viewing sees full site, mobile viewing sees mobile site
songlist.com.au redirects to everythingentertainment.com.au and therefore above rules apply.

I've now decided that I want to grant access to mobile devices to see the full site (mainly for iPads) and have therefore set up a subdomain m.everythingentertainment.com.au with songlist.com.au redirecting to that subdomain. Problem is, I can't get the orginal domain name (everythingentertainment.com.au) to show the full site on a mobile device.

I have a link at the bottom of my mobile Home page that currently links to everythingentertainment.com.au?device=desktop for the time being to get around the issue but it would be great if I could simplify the matter.

If someone types in m.everythingentertainment.com.au regardless of the device they are sent to the mobile site, if someone types in everythingentertainment.com.au regardless of the device they are sent to the full site.

Re: Subdomains and main site redirects 12 years, 4 months ago #6549

The ?device=desktop works for the Home page of course but once you navigate to other pages, they revert back to the mobile pages.

Re: Subdomains and main site redirects 12 years, 4 months ago #6708

Really need some help on this... anyone?

Re: Subdomains and main site redirects 12 years, 4 months ago #6755

Really need help...

Re: Subdomains and main site redirects 12 years, 4 months ago #6767

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Send me content of administrator/components/com_mobilejoomla/config.php and list of htaccess redirects (if exist),

Re: Subdomains and main site redirects 12 years, 3 months ago #6771

Thanks for your reply. I don't know if it means anything, but I don't have a config.php file in that folder, only an index.html file.

How would I look up the htaccess redirects?

Re: Subdomains and main site redirects 12 years, 3 months ago #6772

• dryabov
  • Administrator
ScorpiousDelectus wrote:

Most likely you looked at components/com_mobilejoomla instead of administrator/components/com_mobilejoomla

ScorpiousDelectus wrote:
I mean all RewriteCond and RewriteRule lines in .htaccess file.

Re: Subdomains and main site redirects 12 years, 3 months ago #6773

Config.php file:

<?phpdefined( '_JEXEC' ) or die( 'Restricted access' );
$MobileJoomla_Settings=array('version'=>'1.0 RC5','caching'=>0,'httpcaching'=>0,'domains'=>0,'pcpage'=>'','templatewidth'=>960,'jpegquality'=>90,'desktop_url'=>'','mobile_sitename'=>'Everything Entertainment','xhtmltemplate'=>'mobile_pda','xhtmlhomepage'=>'index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=96&Itemid=538','xhtmlgzip'=>0,'xhtmldomain'=>'','xhtmlredirect'=>0,'xhtml_buffer_width'=>20,'waptemplate'=>'mobile_wap','waphomepage'=>'index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=96&Itemid=538','wapgzip'=>0,'wapdomain'=>'','wapredirect'=>0,'wml_buffer_width'=>8,'imodetemplate'=>'mobile_pda','imodehomepage'=>'index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=96&Itemid=538','imodegzip'=>0,'imodedomain'=>'','imoderedirect'=>0,'chtml_buffer_width'=>20,'iphonetemplate'=>'mobile_pda','iphoneipad'=>1,'iphonehomepage'=>'index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=96&Itemid=538','iphonegzip'=>1,'iphonedomain'=>'m.everythingentertainment.com.au','iphoneredirect'=>0,'iphone_buffer_width'=>50,'tmpl_xhtml_header1'=>'mj_pda_header','tmpl_xhtml_header2'=>'mj_pda_header2','tmpl_xhtml_header3'=>'mj_all_header','tmpl_xhtml_pathway'=>1,'tmpl_xhtml_pathwayhome'=>1,'tmpl_xhtml_middle1'=>'mj_pda_middle','tmpl_xhtml_middle2'=>'mj_pda_middle2','tmpl_xhtml_middle3'=>'mj_all_middle','tmpl_xhtml_componenthome'=>1,'tmpl_xhtml_footer1'=>'mj_pda_footer','tmpl_xhtml_footer2'=>'mj_pda_footer2','tmpl_xhtml_footer3'=>'mj_all_footer','tmpl_xhtml_jfooter'=>0,'tmpl_xhtml_simplehead'=>0,'tmpl_xhtml_allowextedit'=>0,'tmpl_xhtml_removetags'=>0,'tmpl_xhtml_removescripts'=>0,'tmpl_xhtml_img'=>3,'tmpl_xhtml_img_addstyles'=>0,'tmpl_xhtml_entitydecode'=>0,'tmpl_xhtml_embedcss'=>1,'tmpl_xhtml_contenttype'=>3,'tmpl_xhtml_xmlhead'=>0,'tmpl_xhtml_doctype'=>2,'tmpl_xhtml_xmlns'=>1,'tmpl_wap_header1'=>'mj_wap_header','tmpl_wap_header2'=>'','tmpl_wap_header3'=>'mj_all_header','tmpl_wap_pathway'=>0,'tmpl_wap_pathwayhome'=>0,'tmpl_wap_middle1'=>'mj_wap_middle','tmpl_wap_middle2'=>'','tmpl_wap_middle3'=>'mj_all_middle','tmpl_wap_componenthome'=>1,'tmpl_wap_footer1'=>'mj_wap_footer','tmpl_wap_footer2'=>'','tmpl_wap_footer3'=>'mj_all_footer','tmpl_wap_cards'=>'mj_wap_cards','tmpl_wap_jfooter'=>0,'tmpl_wap_removetags'=>1,'tmpl_wap_img'=>1,'tmpl_wap_entitydecode'=>1,'tmpl_wap_doctype'=>1,'tmpl_imode_header1'=>'mj_imode_header','tmpl_imode_header2'=>'mj_imode_header2','tmpl_imode_header3'=>'mj_all_header','tmpl_imode_pathway'=>1,'tmpl_imode_pathwayhome'=>0,'tmpl_imode_middle1'=>'mj_imode_middle','tmpl_imode_middle2'=>'mj_imode_middle2','tmpl_imode_middle3'=>'mj_all_middle','tmpl_imode_componenthome'=>1,'tmpl_imode_footer1'=>'mj_imode_footer','tmpl_imode_footer2'=>'mj_imode_footer2','tmpl_imode_footer3'=>'mj_all_footer','tmpl_imode_jfooter'=>0,'tmpl_imode_removetags'=>1,'tmpl_imode_img'=>2,'tmpl_imode_entitydecode'=>0,'tmpl_imode_doctype'=>1,'tmpl_iphone_header1'=>'mj_iphone_header','tmpl_iphone_header2'=>'mj_iphone_header2','tmpl_iphone_header3'=>'mj_all_header','tmpl_iphone_pathway'=>0,'tmpl_iphone_pathwayhome'=>0,'tmpl_iphone_middle1'=>'mj_iphone_middle','tmpl_iphone_middle2'=>'mj_iphone_middle2','tmpl_iphone_middle3'=>'mj_all_middle','tmpl_iphone_componenthome'=>1,'tmpl_iphone_footer1'=>'mj_iphone_footer','tmpl_iphone_footer2'=>'mj_iphone_footer2','tmpl_iphone_footer3'=>'mj_all_footer','tmpl_iphone_jfooter'=>0,'tmpl_iphone_img'=>3,'tmpl_iphone_img_addstyles'=>1,'tmpl_iphone_removetags'=>1);?>

htaccess file:

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^pubkaraoke\.com\.au$ [OR]RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www\.pubkaraoke\.com\.au$RewriteRule ^/?$ "http\:\/\/everythingentertainment\.com\.au" [R=301,L]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^songlist\.com\.au$ [OR]RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www\.songlist\.com\.au$RewriteRule ^/?$ "http\:\/\/m\.everythingentertainment\.com\.au\/" [R=301,L]

I have a "full site" link at the bottom of my mobile template that correctly sends the user to the full site on a mobile device however if you attempt to browse any content beyond the front page, it looks like it's trying to display mobile content instead.

Hope this helps.

Re: Subdomains and main site redirects 12 years, 3 months ago #6776

• dryabov
  • Administrator
I've made a simple modification of Mobile-Domains plugin that doesn't redirect mobile devices from full website.
Attachments:

Re: Subdomains and main site redirects 12 years, 3 months ago #6824

I figured out how to set up sub domains but now when i go to mobile.gcpmobile it looks just like my desktop.  also when i go to my desktop version on my whone www.gcpmobile.com it does not redirect to the mobile version.  also when i go to iphone.gcpmobile.com there is nothing...could you shed some light on what i have done wrong?   
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.13 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.