.htaccess settings in root directory
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: .htaccess settings in root directory

.htaccess settings in root directory 12 years, 6 months ago #6021

• skibikekite
  • Junior Boarder
Hi,

I have successfully installed MJ.  I have followed the OST video instructions, including the changes to .htaccess.  However, I continue to get a 404 error for iphone.freeridestash.com.  This subdomain points to the root directory for the site, not an iphone subdirectory.  I have tried it both ways, along with many different rewrite codes I have come across.  Nothing is seeming to get me a result on the iphonetester.com.  

I just downloaded the extension and just updated Joomla 1.7.  I am on godaddy and did not encounter any problems with the install.  The extensions appears to be working smoothly on the back end.  The mobile site (without mobile templates)  seems to be working.  However, I need to change the menus for a mobile interface.

Thank you, Tracy

Re: .htaccess settings in root directory 12 years, 5 months ago #6024

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
What is URL of your site? And what is current content of .htaccess?

Re: .htaccess settings in root directory 12 years, 5 months ago #6026

• skibikekite
  • Junior Boarder
I have set up .htaccess exactly as described on OST.

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^freeridestash.com$ [NC]RewriteRule ^(.*)$ www.freeridestash.com/$1  [R=301,L] 

I now have it functioning reasonable well on the iphonetester.com site, although my embedded videos do size correctly.  I am now trying to get this working on my Android.  It correctly shows the "pda" redirect in the address bar, but then goes one step further to mobile mail.  Where did this come from?  How do I get rid of it so that people actually reach my site.

While I am struggling a little with this, I do see the promised potential.

Cheers,
Tracy

Re: .htaccess settings in root directory 12 years, 5 months ago #6027

• skibikekite
  • Junior Boarder
Please see previous reply.  Just to be clear, the .htaccess addition was

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^freeridestash.com$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ www.freeridestash.com/$1  [R=301,L] 

I had misplaced # somewhere.  It is now working on the iPhone, but no Android.  Regardless, it would be helpful if this redirect information for .htaccess was presented my cleary than hidden in the video.  Just a suggestion.

Cheers,
Tracy

Re: .htaccess settings in root directory 12 years, 5 months ago #6028

• dryabov
  • Administrator
MobileJoomla correctly redirects Androids to pda.freeridestash.com, but your webserver redirects requests to pda.freeridestash.com to mm.mobilemail.secureserver.net/login.php?domain=pda.freeridestash.com . So, for sure the problem is because of incorrect server settings (e.g. it may be that you set up iphone subdomain, but not pda one).

Re: .htaccess settings in root directory 12 years, 5 months ago #6029

• skibikekite
  • Junior Boarder
Do I need different code for the redirect in .htaccess then?  The iPhone and pda subdomains are setup identically.

Re: .htaccess settings in root directory 12 years, 5 months ago #6030

• dryabov
  • Administrator
skibikekite wrote:
Do I need different code for the redirect in .htaccess then?

No. You have correct non-www->www redirect that doesn't affect other subdomain.

skibikekite wrote:
The iPhone and pda subdomains are setup identically.

Recheck it. There is no PHP signature in redirect headers, so it's for sure server issue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: skibikekite

Re: .htaccess settings in root directory 12 years, 5 months ago #6034

• skibikekite
  • Junior Boarder
It is nice when things are black and white; when you know right where to look.  Thanks for all of your help!

Re: .htaccess settings in root directory 12 years, 5 months ago #6144

• skibikekite
  • Junior Boarder
I am wondering if this is the source of my issue being directed back to the homepage when an article link is clicked or typed in. Do I need something different in htaccess to get the rest of my URL preserved while changing the subdomain?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.