Username Password: Remember me

why do you want a subdomain??
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: why do you want a subdomain??

Re: why do you want a subdomain?? 12 years, 8 months ago #5142

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
header('Location: www.detheeketel.nl/') just redirect browser to another domain, so user leaves the subdomain.
In your case it's better to try to use smth like
<?php
include 'path/to/joomlas/on/main/domain/index.php';

Re: why do you want a subdomain?? 12 years, 7 months ago #5188

• hostess
  • Fresh Boarder
  • webmaster De Theeketel
As far as I understand, this solution is 'the other way around' it redirects visitor TO a subdomain.
I meant to have users comind to the subdomains, redirected to the main domain. There the mobiljoomla component should take care of business.
My index.php ON the subdomains read: "<?php
header('Location: www.detheeketel.nl/'); /* send browser to www.site.nl */
?>"

Re: why do you want a subdomain?? 12 years, 7 months ago #5221

• dryabov
  • Administrator
My host uses 'Direct Admin' so I cannot find a way to redirect those subdomains to the root.

Seems in Direct Admin it's called "Domain pointer" (but maybe in this case CNAME record in DNS should be added manually)..

Trying to switch (Firefox) to 'iphone' it still shows the original site.

Most likely It's because of MJ saves current "state". You should clear cookies after switch to another UserAgent. iPhone version works: www.detheeketel.nl/?device=iphone

Re: why do you want a subdomain?? 12 years, 6 months ago #5806

• glauzex
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, I'm new here...

I've got a problem here...

I've created the subdomain (m.domain.com), I've installed the Mobile Joomla, I've change the redirect settings on Mobile Joomla Global Configurations to m.domain.com, but when I open up the m.domain.com it is not showing anything... is there something wrong? Should I Copy-Paste my original Joomla Site ti my mobile folder at Cpanel? 

Or... is there any DETAILED tutorial about installing this apps on my Joomla site and make it work? 

Thanks...

Re: why do you want a subdomain?? 12 years, 6 months ago #5818

• hostess
  • Fresh Boarder
  • webmaster De Theeketel
Did you use your standard browser?
If so, it will never be regarded as a mobile.

For trials please use the Opera Mobile launcher (dev.opera.com/articles/view/opera-mobile-emulator/)
This will be regarded by the software (mobiljoomla) as a mobile apparatus.

Re: why do you want a subdomain?? 12 years, 6 months ago #5819

• dryabov
  • Administrator
glauzex wrote:
I've created the subdomain (m.domain.com), I've installed the Mobile Joomla, I've change the redirect settings on Mobile Joomla Global Configurations to m.domain.com, but when I open up the m.domain.com it is not showing anything...

Subdomain should be an alias to main site domain or have the same DocumentRoot path.

Re: why do you want a subdomain?? 12 years, 5 months ago #6280

• jasondhsd
  • Fresh Boarder
Ok I need some help.  My mobile site works good with the auto detect if I type in my main domain from phone but when I setup a subdomain it just redirects back to the main domain. 

So for example if I type in m.jrdtech.net on my android it redirects to www.jrdtech.net and displays my mobile page.  If I type in m.jrdtech.net in a normal computer browser it goes back to www.jrdtech.net and displays the normal page.  I want m.jrdtech.net to display a mobile page no matter what device I type it in on. Like m.facebook.com I can type into a normal browser and still get the mobile site.  

When I created the subdomain I set the documentroot the same folder as my main domain /public_html/  I'm also running sh404sef not sure if that would affect anything.

Re: why do you want a subdomain?? 12 years, 5 months ago #6285

• dryabov
  • Administrator
Do you have redirect in .htaccess?

Re: why do you want a subdomain?? 12 years, 5 months ago #6291

• hostess
  • Fresh Boarder
  • webmaster De Theeketel
I don't see your problem while I use the Opera Mobile Emulator.
address : m.jrdtech.net/ Result: a nice mobile view. Address : www.jrdtech.net/ Result: Same view.
So I don't see your problem.
What phoe type do you use?
Did You try the Opera Mobile Emulator too?
If not, your 'useragent' in any normal broser will show ypou the 'normal' page. That's the trick behind Mobile Joomla. It simply 'recognizes' the useragent and based on that I redirects the visitor.

Re: why do you want a subdomain?? 12 years, 5 months ago #6316

• jasondhsd
  • Fresh Boarder
I have this 
RewriteEngine OnRewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www.jrdtech.net$ [NC]RewriteRule ^(.*)$ www.jrdtech.net/$1 [R=301,L]

So when someone types in jrdtech.net it will go to www.jrdtech.net 

My main concern to getting adwords to display on mobile devices. Right now adwords is saying "The markup language targeted by your mobile ad isn't compatible with the mobile phone that requested it"  my assumption is that google is only seeing the markup for the main site and not recognizing that it redirects when accessed by a mobile device.  Therefore I want to create a domain that will always display the mobile site.  
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.