Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

why do you want a subdomain??
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: why do you want a subdomain??

why do you want a subdomain?? 13 years, 3 months ago #2900

• cyberguroo
  • Fresh Boarder
lol after reading the whole comment list, now I'm confused even more, i'm even confusing the functionality of domain with that of subdomain.

Re: why do you want a subdomain?? 13 years, 2 months ago #3197

• jekkil
  • Fresh Boarder
it would be very practical for noobs like me to see a graphical illustration of this subdomain explaination!!

Re: why do you want a subdomain?? 13 years, 2 months ago #3414

• CptLeon
  • Fresh Boarder
Have a look at my Mobile Joomla Configuration Video; see if this video helps visualize how it's configured... Example provided is done via Joomla 1.5 & cPanel.

~ Brian.

http://CustomerDrivenHosting.net
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gogol

Re: why do you want a subdomain?? 13 years, 2 months ago #3418

Having a subdomain is being described as best practice and m.google & m.facebook have been cited as examples in an earlier answer. Why? Is it because with multi-site it knows immediately which template to use while with single site some processing has to be done to select the appropriate template for mobile or desktop? If yes then if our user population is pre-dominantly desktop then would having a single-site with no subdomains slow down the site generally because appropriate template to serve has to be determined each call?

Re: why do you want a subdomain?? 13 years, 1 month ago #3614

Hello guys!
I created subdomains iphone.nirmal.com.np from server & choose the main folder as in www.nirmal.com.np and then set redirect to iphone domain in MJ settings. But it's not working. it's showing server not found. Does it take time?

Re: why do you want a subdomain?? 13 years, 1 month ago #3642

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
nirmalgyanwali wrote:
Hello guys!
I created subdomains iphone.nirmal.com.np from server & choose the main folder as in www.nirmal.com.np and then set redirect to iphone domain in MJ settings. But it's not working. it's showing server not found. Does it take time?

No, subdomains start to work just after you create it. Recheck server settings.

Re: why do you want a subdomain?? 13 years, 1 month ago #3829

iphone.nirmal.com.np is working fine now but still i am facing problem in wap.nirmal.com.np. When i try to open it, it shows pop up with "text/vnd.wap.wml". How to solve this problem?

Re: why do you want a subdomain?? 13 years, 1 month ago #3840

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
wap subdomain uses wml markup language that is supported by ancient mobile phones only (and Opera desktop browser or Firefox with wmlbrowser plugin).

Re: why do you want a subdomain?? 12 years, 11 months ago #4215

• jamiegee
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

My redirect doesn't kick in to show the iphone template. If I using the correct URL it shows correctly. Why isn't this redirect working?

airwaybill.co.uk
iphone.airwaybill.co.uk

Cheers
J

Re: why do you want a subdomain?? 12 years, 11 months ago #4217

• Barnabas
It worked OK for me. Using firefox on a pc with user agent switching.
Try clearing all cookies, both domain and session.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jamiegee
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.