Andriod and IPhone Issues and Questions
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Andriod and IPhone Issues and Questions

Andriod and IPhone Issues and Questions 12 years, 7 months ago #5072

• krsatl
  • Fresh Boarder
I have the following working:
iPhone.site-name = returns iPhone.site-name (works on PC, iPhone, Android)
site-name.us = returns iPhone.site-name (works on iPhone and some other mobile devices)

I want Android to go to iPhone.site-name upon detect when site-name is entered, however, I am only able to get there using a link on the PC version as a workaround.

Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong or can do different would be very helpful. - Thank you

More info available upon request.

Re: Andriod and IPhone Issues and Questions 12 years, 7 months ago #5077

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
MobileJoomla saves last used "mobile mode". Default mode for main domain is unknown (because of it's possible to use MJ without subdomains at all), and default mode for iphone.domain is "iphone". So, visiting main domain after iphone.domain you are still in "iphone" mode. Correct way to switch to "desktop" mode is to use "Select Markup" module (it adds "?device=desktop" to the url to switch to desktop mode).

Re: Andriod and IPhone Issues and Questions 12 years, 7 months ago #5078

• dryabov
  • Administrator
Maybe work with subdomains will be changed/improved in next release. We are open to any suggestions.

Re: Andriod and IPhone Issues and Questions 12 years, 7 months ago #5085

• krsatl
  • Fresh Boarder
I feel the product is good as is, I think you can charge for it. I just can not get an Android phone to work with just site-name.com. The only way Android seems to work is by typing in the sub-domain. Is that the case or am I doing something wrong?

Re: Andriod and IPhone Issues and Questions 12 years, 7 months ago #5131

• dryabov
  • Administrator
krsati, what is urls of your site (you can send it by PM if don't want to share)?

Re: Andriod and IPhone Issues and Questions 12 years, 7 months ago #5154

• krsatl
  • Fresh Boarder
My beta site is smithbunch.us

BTW, I use an Android (T mobile G2) It displays and works great with the iPhone settings and users of iPhones that have tested for me say theirs works fine as well. Just need a way to redirect Androids to that same sub-domain or template.

Thank you

I have not installed the newest patch on that site yet, but I have on another site I am working on as well. Again, I really like the product, it's worth charging for (more instructions would always be helpful but after playing with it for a while, it all starts to make sense.) I would really like to see more templates. If you need admin id/pw, let me know and I will PM them to you.
Last Edit: 12 years, 7 months ago by krsatl.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.