Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

iphone using wrong style with subdomain
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: iphone using wrong style with subdomain

iphone using wrong style with subdomain 13 years, 3 months ago #3100

This is odd, I installed and set everything up just fine. (works great!)

I then set up iphone. as a subdomain and it worked fine.

I then decided to setup m. (instead of being device specific) and set that subdomain up exactly the same as the iphone. subdomain but for some reason when i look at my site on the iphone using m. it no long uses the correct style.

Any ideas? If I deselect 'Redirect to domain' it looks fine.

Thanks

D

Re: iphone using wrong style with subdomain 13 years, 3 months ago #3101

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Could you send your MJ config file administrator/components/com_mobilejoomla/config.php to This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ?

Re: iphone using wrong style with subdomain 13 years, 3 months ago #3104

• dryabov
  • Administrator
OK. Issues that I've found are:
1. You setup m.***.com as mobile domain for each of 4 markups. It's incorrect because MobileJoomla cannot chose markup by domainname in this case.
2. You setup www.***.com as a homepage for all mobile devices. In this case any mobile device (iPhones only in your case because of redirect is disabled for other markups) will be always redirected to this page and user will not be able to visit other pages.

Re: iphone using wrong style with subdomain 13 years, 3 months ago #3106

Thanks for the pointers...

I think I understand, I switched the redirect off for the other sites and now it works fine on my iphone iphone.

What I'd like to have happen is if you visit my site on any phone it uses the m. domain and the appropriate style sheet. IS that possible or does this require a different subdomain for each device.

Thanks again,

D

Re: iphone using wrong style with subdomain 13 years, 2 months ago #3144

• PaulG
  • Fresh Boarder
So is it not possible to have iphones and others types of OS use the same m.subdomain?

Re: iphone using wrong style with subdomain 13 years, 2 months ago #3150

• dryabov
  • Administrator
PaulG wrote:
So is it not possible to have iphones and others types of OS use the same m.subdomain?

No, in current version it's impossible. The problem is that "subdomains" in MobileJoomla are used both to redirect and to determine type of device. Maybe it will be improved in further releases.

But there is a workaround. It requires m.subdomain to be independent site on the same server (instead of just an alias) that is a full copy of main site. In this case you will use the same database (that is both sites will be identical), but will be able to modify MJ settings independently (and disable to use subdomains on m.subdomain).

Re: iphone using wrong style with subdomain 13 years, 2 months ago #3166

OK - Thanks for the help - so I can use iphone.myname.com and pda.myname.com and others for other devices as it helps mobilejoomla apply the correct template - but not use the same one for all?

Thansk again - D
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.14 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.