Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Drop Down Menu

Re: Drop Down Menu 12 years, 1 month ago #8453

That's no problem. I appreciate all your help. This will be a good learning experience for me to sit and figure it out. Persistence is the key to success.

Re: Drop Down Menu 12 years, 1 month ago #8457

Per your suggestions in regards to the CSS...it does look better position wise. I used a different color for the text. The funny thing is that now the back to top link is above the site title.

Back to the drawing board. lol

Thanks bud.

Re: Drop Down Menu 12 years ago #8661

• daredazel
  • Fresh Boarder
LAMF wrote:
I have all menu styling in the custom.css file in the css directory this is the same for both smartphone and iphone.
I don't care about other mobile devices.

Use firefox and firebug to see the styling, that saved many hours for me.

Use the URL: yourdomain.com/?device=xhtml (smartphone) or =iphone for iphone.
That simulator gives you an almost fair picture of the look of the site in the mobile (except for fon-family that doesn't seem to work on the mobile, it just take a standard font and i don't know how to use custom fonts...).
Important is that you have set up the mobMeny of any class suffix you like in the module for the menu.
If you want to go further and style up the articles you set up the class suffix in the menu items in the menu editor.

Hi all,
thanks for this thread..

Hi LAMF, i want to know for simulator from PC.. i just open URL yourdomain.com/?device=xhtml so if i use smartphone i open URL pontianak.gmahk.org/?smartphone.xhtml (my web is pontianak.gmahk.org, i'm from Indonesia so my web in Bahasa) but i can't see the simulator for mobile only seem for desktop.. did the url i open is wrong?
anyway i did your tutor for suffix and code modMen and modMeny and its work, thanks for that.. i want to canges and i need the simulator then easly to change with firebug.. thanks..
Last Edit: 12 years ago by daredazel. Reason: adding text

Re: Drop Down Menu 12 years ago #8680

• LAMF
  • Senior Boarder
daredazel: You should use this URL for Smartphones:  pontianak.gmahk.org/?device=xhtml 
for iphone it is: pontianak.gmahk.org/?device=iphone
When you want to go back to the regular website you need to chang URL like this: pontianak.gmahk.org/?device=desktop

That's it.

Re: Drop Down Menu 12 years ago #8682

I have another question hopefully to narrow down my issue.

If I open up the site with ?device=iphone at the end...the Mobile Version | Standard Version is on the bottom of the menu for the iPhone template and looks great. The ?device=xhtml link shows the Mobile Version | Standard Version across the menu near the top.

Check it out.

www.integritytranscription.com/v2/?device=iphone

www.integritytranscription.com/v2/?device=xhmtl

And just to say what I have tried...on Mobile Joomla component...I have tried changing the middle section to every option in the list...as well as placing it in all 3 different mid modules. None of those settings change any way the menu and links I mentioned above looks.

One last thing...if I go into module manager and then footer...I set footer position to be mj_all_footer and the footer text I have on the website shows up in the bar with Mobile Version | Standard Version.

So it seems as if that is the footer for the MJ component but I cannot get it to move. If I disable the footer module...my text goes away but the Mobile Version | Standard Version remains in the same spot.

Thanks
Last Edit: 12 years ago by mtechsolution. Reason: Added some other test results

Re: Drop Down Menu 12 years ago #8688

I finally got it!

What I did was go to Module Manager-----Select Markup and then set Access Level to Registered instead of Public and it went away!

I tried relocating it numerous times in the template but could never get it to work...so I resorted to this. Disabled the footer as well. Now my menu looks clean.

Thanks.

Re: Drop Down Menu 12 years ago #8700

• daredazel
  • Fresh Boarder
LAMF wrote:
daredazel: You should use this URL for Smartphones:  pontianak.gmahk.org/?device=xhtml 
for iphone it is: pontianak.gmahk.org/?device=iphone
When you want to go back to the regular website you need to chang URL like this: pontianak.gmahk.org/?device=desktop

That's it.

Thanks a lot LAMF,  now i can configure my mobile joomla! template, and for information we can changes template from baseStyles.css in the /templates/mobile_smartphone/resources/styles..

Thanks Mobile Joomla!

Re: Drop Down Menu 11 years, 11 months ago #9439

Thanks alot Mobile Joomla! it very helpfull site i searh this and the one mouth later i fing here...

Re: Drop Down Menu 11 years, 10 months ago #9817

• micker
  • Fresh Boarder
hello
somebody can help me to do an dropdown menu in my template ?
www.le-bijou.net/?device=iphone
i want to collaps my menu ...
thanks for any help

Re: Drop Down Menu 11 years, 10 months ago #9926

Thanks bud.
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.