Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

how to override main site menu with mobile site menu
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: how to override main site menu with mobile site menu

Re: how to override main site menu with mobile site menu 12 years, 7 months ago #5349

• blyter
  • Fresh Boarder
To clarify. I understand how to create a separate mobile menu and select it in the mobile menu modules. Works fine for viewing from mobile device. The problem i am having is the mobile menu is showing up on my full site, even though the template position does not exist on my template. 

Is there a solution for this?

Re: how to override main site menu with mobile site menu 12 years, 7 months ago #5368

• neeesn
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Backender
I have copied the mainmenu and made a Mobile-menu, and it is on the phone, but all the submenus are missing.
i use superfish normally to show the submenus, but they are alle in the main menu.

im working on iphone atm.

*** found out it was the SFE 404 that caused problems - do anyone have same problem and maybe a solution.
Last Edit: 12 years, 7 months ago by neeesn.

Re: how to override main site menu with mobile site menu 12 years, 5 months ago #6233

• acomz
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello I have the same problem.
Did you get a solution ?

Thanks

Re: how to override main site menu with mobile site menu 12 years, 5 months ago #6302

• jayjayr
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I've donne everything above and modules are not published at all in pc when I select maimenu but they are published if I select mobile menu.
Can you please explain better how to do?

Thanks

Re: how to override main site menu with mobile site menu 12 years, 4 months ago #6725

• alca
  • Fresh Boarder
hello all

I have assign a menu to my mobile site.
nothing happens, I tried to configure with the iPhone and the emulator iphonetester.com/

If mp by an administrator I can give the site address and access to the backend

can I get assistance please

Re: how to override main site menu with mobile site menu 12 years ago #8908

• gutenborg
  • Fresh Boarder
Could it be that the procedure is different for Joomla 2.5?
For instance, I can not copy a menu and there are none of the modules mj_* mentioned, modules for a menu are created as the menu is created, so i can assign these modules to module positions.
Main menu is in the top position of template1, mobile menu in the mj_smartphone_header position, even disabling the main menu and not assigning it to any page at all doesn't make a difference, it gets shown on mobile as well as on the normal site. Can you tell me whether i need to do things differently on Joomly 2.5?

Re: how to override main site menu with mobile site menu 11 years, 11 months ago #9521

• huggy59
  • Fresh Boarder
I just went through all this with Joomla 2.5.x and yes, it is different. I'll try to explain how to set things up.

To get up to speed quickly, copy an existing menu. To do this in Joomla 2.5.x, you create a new menu, then copy the items from another menu to the new menu. Go to Menu Manager and click NEW to create a new menu.

In my case I copied the TOP menu, which is my main menu for the regular site. Select the menu you wish to copy from (TOP in my case) and go to the Menu Items page to show the menu items associated with that menu. Then use the "Select menu or parent for move/copy" form BELOW the list of menu items, selecting COPY and the new menu you created above as the destination menu. This is on the Menu Manager: Menu Items page.

Once you copy the menu, go back to the Menu Manager: Menus page which will now show the new menu, and to the far right you will see the link "Add a module for this menu type". Click it, which will create a module, and be sure to select the MobileJoomla position you want the module in. For now, put it on All Pages. Publish everything.

You should see your menus.

Good luck!
Last Edit: 11 years, 11 months ago by huggy59.
The following user(s) said Thank You: agrenblando

Re: how to override main site menu with mobile site menu 11 years, 10 months ago #9731

Thanks Huggy59. Been trying to figure this out for a while now. Very frustrating. Your instructions helped me where I was missing it.

Re: how to override main site menu with mobile site menu 11 years, 5 months ago #12796

• paevo2012
  • Fresh Boarder
This is far too complicated. Just create a custom menu and assign the mod_mj_menu to it in the Module Manger.

Re: how to override main site menu with mobile site menu 11 years, 4 months ago #12990

• neo314
  • Fresh Boarder
This is a question I am trying to get an answer to on this subject. I also posted it in the Joomla forum as it is kind of a general Joomla question, but it also directly relates to this subject and someone here may have the answer I'm looking for.

I have a main menu, and because I am using mobile Joomla, I have a hidden menu that is also a main menu. This second menu is assigned a location on the mobile template and the main menu has no location on the mobile template.

Here is the problem. It is more of an annoyance than problem. I'm using Joomla 2.5 built in SEF links BTW.

The alias' for items on the mobile menu can't be the same as the alias' for the main menu, so they are the same with an added -mobile (e.g. Main Menu Alias: home-page; Mobile Menu Alias: home-page-mobile).

Many links generated inside articles, linked titles, modules, etc. on the desktop website have taken the alias from the mobile menu instead of the ones they used originally from the main menu.

Is there any way to control this? Is there any better way to link content to the same articles on a different meny that does not have this problem.
Time to create page: 0.12 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.