Tuesday, 17 August 2021 11:03
Hello, dear Mobile Joomla! extension users!
Today Joomla! is 16 years old (it’s the day of the fork from Mambo CMS), and we are waiting for Joomla! 4.0 to be released in a short time. In this regard, we would like to tell you about our plans to further develop our Mobile Joomla! extension.
Mobile 3.0 will be ready for beta testing soon. Major changes:
- Supported Joomla! 2.5 to 4.0, PHP 5.6+ is required (7.3+ is recommended). Unfortunately, if your website is still running Joomla! 1.5, Mobile 3.0 does not support it (yet?).
- Significantly redesigned and improved page speed optimizations (our goal is 100/100 in the mobile PageSpeed Insight test).
- Optimization of responsive websites and desktop mode of adaptive websites.
- Support of Progressive Web Application (PWA).
- Very fast page cache that is based on the tagged cache approach (cache invalidates automatically after content is changed).
- and many-many other improvements…
A more complete list of changes will be posted soon with the official Mobile 3.0-beta announcement.
If you want to be among the first to get access to the beta version, contact us at support[at]mobilejoomla.com, and we will grant you access to a hidden section on the forum where the beta version will be discussed.
A big update to our mobile templates is expected too, but a little later. We are going to switch from jQueryMobile framework to Bootstrap 5.1 and get additional speedup for mobile websites.
The current stable version 2.1.x will receive updates for at least another two years, and if necessary, even longer (if required by our Pro/Club subscribers).
Wait for the news soon!