Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

how to override main site menu with mobile site menu
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: how to override main site menu with mobile site menu

how to override main site menu with mobile site menu 13 years, 8 months ago #428

• frankie
  • Fresh Boarder
I have set up my mobile joomla site but the menu is the same css style and content as the main pc site. I have tried in the settings to place the mobile module menu(mod_mj_pda_menu) in the position for the menu. but always the main site menu shows. The main site menu is a horizontal menu and includes a picture gallery and a blog which i want to hide on mobile site. I have unselected these in the mobile module but they are still showing up on the mobile site.

so my question is how do i make the mobile menu module show on my mobile site

thank you

how to override main site menu with mobile site menu 13 years, 8 months ago #2046

• Barnabas
It took me a while to get the menus working on my site. I created a menu just for mobile use which I called mobilemenu so if you look in Joomla admin Menus > Menu Manager you can see two menus. If you now go to Joomla admin > extensions > Module Manager I have both Main Menu and Mobile Menu unpublished. They both use mod_mainmenu. (The template JA_Purity handles the PC Main Menu.) The following needs to be done for each of the 4 flavours of mobile menu. The module name in each case is "Main Menu" if you click on that to edit it you'll see on the right hand side Parameters. You need module parameters > Menu name you need to select mobilemenu here from the dropdown.

My mobilemenu is pointing to the same pages* as does the original Main Menu. It also calls them by the same name, so both menus have a home page. I only wanted the menu on the mobile pages on the home page, and I did find that in the section Menu Assignment > Menus > Select Menu Item(s) from the List I had to tick the home page on the (original) mainmenu rather than the one on the mobilemenu. Repeat this for type (mod_mj_imode_menu ) (mod_mj_iphone_menu ) (mod_mj_pda_menu ) (mod_mj_wap_menu).

If I haven't helped, please say and I will try again.
Thanks.

*except for one which is different on PC from that on the mobile.
The following user(s) said Thank You: borgpier54

how to override main site menu with mobile site menu 13 years, 5 months ago #2517

• mpiontek
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Barnabas,

I am trying to do the same thing -- have a specific menu for the mobile site with some of the same and some different content. If I understand what you are saying correctly, all I need to do is create a new menu and select it in the module parameters for each of the mobile menu modules?

I think I am getting confused where you say that you only wanted the menu on the mobile pages on the home page. I thought I tried this already, but I only selected the mobile menu for one of the modules. I will try again with all 4, but please let me know if I've lost something in translation or if it sounds like I am understanding your correctly.

Thank you.

how to override main site menu with mobile site menu 13 years, 5 months ago #2518

• Barnabas
It sounds as though you understand correctly. I'll check back later to see how you got on.

how to override main site menu with mobile site menu 13 years, 5 months ago #2519

• mpiontek
  • Fresh Boarder
Fantastic -- that did it!

Thank you for your support!

how to override main site menu with mobile site menu 13 years, 5 months ago #2521

• Barnabas
You are welcome. Thanks for posting the result.

how to override main site menu with mobile site menu 13 years, 4 months ago #2689

• man_chemor
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello..

Im Still did not understand how to override main site menu with mobile site menu. Could you help me to elaborate further..

how to override main site menu with mobile site menu 13 years, 4 months ago #2691

• Barnabas
Have a look at
www.mobilejoomla.com/documentation/12-getting-started/56-creating-mobile-menus.html
and do it on your site.
Let me know where you get stuck or do not know what to do.

how to override main site menu with mobile site menu 13 years, 3 months ago #2884

• jsantari
  • Fresh Boarder
I've been trying to get this to work too. I've done everything as indicated but no matter what I've done I still get my normal Main Menu displayed and not the mobile version. Don't know what else to try?

how to override main site menu with mobile site menu 13 years, 3 months ago #2885

• Barnabas
Send me a private message with login details for the site and I will check it out for you.
Don't reply to this post with them.
Thanks
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.