Mobile menus are Joomla! menus which are available on mobile site only. The trick is that you assign menu module to a mobile specific position slot in the module editor.
Creating a mobile specific menu by copying an existing web menu
Here is an example how to create such menu
- Go Joomla! administration
- Go to Menu Manager
- Choose Main Menu -> Copy
- New Menu Title: Mobile Menu
- New Module Name: mobile_menu
- Press Copy
- Now you can edit mobile_menu to link to items you want to have visible on the home screen of your mobile site
Assigning a menu to mobile site
This is how to assign a menu as main menu of the mobile site.
- Go to Extensions -> Manager
- Filter by module and choose any of existing mobile menu modules. You can find them by looking position of mj_iphone_middle, mj_wap_footer or mj_smartphone_header2.
- Click module
- On right hand, in menu drop down choose Mobile Menu (the menu you just created)
You can also delete extra created mobile_menu module created above if you are just going to override the existing main menu.