Monday, 01 September 2014 15:02
Today we release several updates to our products:
1. Mobile Joomla! 1.2.10 and Mobile Joomla! Pro 1.2.12. Updated the local device detection database with the latest device information (used in Pro version if there's no connectivity to our online device database). Fixed: issues in the mobile_iphone template, and delay in checking for updates.
Tuesday, 06 May 2014 00:00
- Included jQuery 1.11.1 and 1.2.1
- Updated Add to homescreen script to version 3.0.1
Added support for Mobile Chrome browser (both iOS and Android). Notice: current version 3.0.1 includes en_us, it_it, and nl_nl languages only.
- Updated Fastclick script to version 1.0.1
Fix work with form elements in iOS
- Updated FitVids script to version 1.1
Fix issue with style injection in Chrome
- Updated LazyLoadXT script to version 1.0.2
Sunday, 13 April 2014 00:00
Hey folks! We've been a bit quiet for a while, but now it's time to open up more about what we've been up to: Mobile Joomla! 2.0!
We're preparing to roll the update out during May. Some of the most interesting features of Mobile Joomla 2.0 include:
- Improved image resizing to boost page load performance
- Better performance via page minification
- Ability to remove parts of page sources on mobile (or desktop, for that matter) using "ress-media" attribute
- IE conditional comments removal on non-IE browsers
- Improved the gzip compression
- Faster loading pages by CSS combination and minification
- Improved performance by removing unnecessary browser-specific CSS properties (apart from the visitor's browser)
- CSS rule split via media queries and loading the required files only
- Extended lazy loading of images and videos
- Automatic responsive script loading (like FastClick, FitVids, Add to Home, etc.) and viewport tag
We're now looking for Beta testers to help us to spot and iron out any issues in the new release during the next few weeks, and smooth out the install process for everybody.
To be among the first to try out the new features and to join the Beta tester ranks, please fill in your details in the Beta Tester signup form. You will then get email from us in a few weeks with more details.
Friday, 04 April 2014 00:00
Maintaining an open source product is not easy, it requires lots of time and resources not only to develop, but also to support. Lately, we’ve been feeling that it’d be great to have more people on board to help you on the public support forums. Since we are running on a tight budget, we started to brainstorm how we could make that happen. Raising our premium product prices or compromising quality would not be an option, so we thought that testing a new type of mobile ads within the Mobile Joomla! Community version would be the most reasonable way to go.
It’s important for us that those ads to be as unobtrusive as possible. The current ad type we are testing display a pop-up notification to the mobile visitor on iPhone or Android phone, if/when a visitor has scrolled down to the bottom of a page, i.e. already consumed the content of the page. We would like to keep these ads as discreet as possible, and therefore if the user closes/skips the ad, it will only reappear to that user after at least 48 hours. If closed again, the ad won't show until at least one week. After that, it's hidden for a minimum of one month.
So far we've gotten some feedback and understood that there are certain types of websites, like those of educational organizations, for which these kinds of ads are somewhat poor fit and which don't have enough budget even for Mobile Joomla! Basic, our completely ad-free version. Therefore, we are happy to offer our Community users a way to opt out of these new ads, simply by sending an email to us with the subject "Ads opt-out" to
Please let us know if you have any questions or comments on this, we’ll be happy to hear from you.
Wednesday, 18 December 2013 00:00
We have released Lazy Load XT, a new jQuery plugin for lazy loading of images, videos and other media elements to the jQuery community out there.
Since this plugin is not Joomla! dependent we decided to make it available as a separate project. You can have a look at the Lazy Load XT demo page where you can see this plugin at work and test it in different browsers. All feedback is welcome!
This plugin is part of the CMS-independent RESS.io project devoted to advance combined client-side and server-side responsive web design. Stay tuned, as we are going to release more improved responsive web design techniques! Naturally all our Mobile Joomla! users benefit from the new development and techniques as well!
Friday, 29 November 2013 16:10
Black Friday deals are here! Until Monday (12/2), you can enjoy 40% on all Mobile Joomla! prices! This opportunity comes only once a year and we offer you the best way to get your Joomla! website on mobile with amazing prices.
Use MJBLACKFRIDAY coupon code on the checkout screen and enjoy our discounted prices!
But hurry now, these prices will last only until on Monday 12/2!
Friday, 22 November 2013 00:00
New release of Mobile Joomla! is ready for you to install! In this version you find:
- Support of Joomla! 3.2
- Fixed homepage detection in Joomla! 3.x
- Fixed redirect to mobile subdomains for non-SEF URLs
- Updated mobile email cloaking (without "(at)" instead of "@")
- Updated our AMDD device database with lots of new device screen sizes included
As always, you can update to the new version from your administrative panel via Mobile Joomla! Remote Update feature, or by downloading Mobile Joomla! package and installing it in the Joomla! backend. Also do not forget to backup your website before the upgrade!
Wednesday, 16 October 2013 00:00
All Elegance and Flat Mobile Joomla! template users ahoy! We have just released new versions, Elegance 1.3.11 and Flat 1.0.15. As usual, updates fix some minor bugs and improve existing features.
First of all, good news for Elegance template users: we have installed our modification of jQueryMobile's ThemeRoller at www.mobilejoomla.com/themeroller/. It fixes issue with retina icons in "Default icon: Black" mode (known issue of original ThemeRoller that is not fixed yet) and provides better CSS compression (by 10-15%).
In these releases we also added the support of iOS7 icons, so that you can set up different iOS6 and iOS7 icons if you like.
We also fixed processing of "Standard" icon to support the so-called "one-icon" technique: use "Standard" icon in high resolution (e.g. 1024x1024px) for all devices and remove all other device-specific icons.
Other changes are listed below:
- Fixed an issue with uploading icons
- Switched to original jQM's header handling
- Fixed the conflict of panel and fixed header bar in tablet mode
- Renamed class '.container' to '.jcomponent' to fix a conflict with bootstrap styles; update your custom styles if it is necessary
- Updated Add to Homescreen script to v2.0.11
- Updated FastClick script to v0.6.11
- Mobile Joomla! 1.2.7 and Mobile Joomla! Pro 1.2.9
- Mobile Joomla! templates Elegance 1.3.6 and Flat 1.0.10 have been released
- Elegance 1.3.2 and Flat 1.0.6 have been released
- Mobile Joomla! 1.2.6 and Mobile Joomla! Pro 1.2.8
- Mobile Joomla! Elegance Template 1.3.0 Release
- Flat Mobile Joomla! Template Launches
- Kunena Mobile Extension Now Supports Kunena 3.0 And CAPTCHA
- NEW: Mobile Social Share Buttons - Mobile Joomla! Module
Page 1 of 13«StartPrev12345678910NextEnd»