Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Cannot change to Standard Version with redirect to domain
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cannot change to Standard Version with redirect to domain

Cannot change to Standard Version with redirect to domain 13 years, 1 month ago #3743

• pearj
  • Fresh Boarder
I cannot change to Standard Version with redirect to domain enabled.

In a previous version I was able to do this.  It could have been about 6 - 12 months ago, but I had uninstalled the extension due to server problems.

Now when I have installed 0.9.12 it always redirects back to the mobile version when I click on Standard Version with redirect to domain enabled.

I thought it was supposed to remember the setting with a cookie or something like that?

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?

Re: Cannot change to Standard Version with redirect to domain 13 years, 1 month ago #3803

• Chipmunk
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm seeing the same behaviour here as well.

"Standard version" link from mobile version goes right back to the mobile version.
I'm also using "redirect to domain".

Since this is the first time I have Mobilejoomla installed I can not give any history on this..

Re: Cannot change to Standard Version with redirect to domain 13 years ago #3888

• Chipmunk
  • Fresh Boarder
Are anyone else seeing this behaviour?

Is there a fix for this (except turning off redirect).

I would really like the subdomain to work as this gives the most accurate data in analytics on how many that have seen the mobile version without having to create a different profile in analytics. It also seems like good practise...

You may try it at www.skiskyting.com using your mobile.

It correctly forwards to m.skiskyting.com, but pressing "Standard Version" on the bottom just makes it refresh. Well actually www.skiskyting.com flashes in the address bar, but immediately changes back to m.skiskyting.com as if it don't "remember" that i want to see the standard site..

Re: Cannot change to Standard Version with redirect to domain 13 years ago #3890

• pearj
  • Fresh Boarder
I need it mostly so that I can stop goggle from reindexing the entire site again as a mobile browser. It's much easier to apply a robots.txt when the domain is different. But not being able to switch back to the main site is a bit of a showstopper.

Re: Cannot change to Standard Version with redirect to domain 13 years ago #3895

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
The issue will be fixed in MJ0.9.13.
Right now you can manually edit plugins/mobile/domains.php: replace
elseif($MobileJoomla_Device['markup']!=='') //Redirect to special domain

by
elseif($MobileJoomla_Device['markup']!=='' && plgSystemMobileBot::getUserMarkup($MobileJoomla_Settings)===false) //Redirect to special domain
The following user(s) said Thank You: barcik

Re: Cannot change to Standard Version with redirect to domain 13 years ago #3966

Hi Guys..

I changed the source code in the manual fix as indicated.. It works fine.. however.. the site if you google it does not redirect to the Mobile version..

The site is www.globalguysgear.com

I changed the source code back so if anyone googles it or puts in the URL on their iphone they get redirected to the mobile version, but of course now the Standard Version link just reloads the mobile version which is what i was trying to fix with the code 

any ideas
Cheers Jason

Re: Cannot change to Standard Version with redirect to domain 13 years ago #3971

Hi team.. is someone able to reply to my post please

cheers Jason

Re: Cannot change to Standard Version with redirect to domain 13 years ago #3987

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Your issue is quite strange because of Referrer value is never used in MobileJoomla, so there should be no difference between direct and google access. Did you test it in several browsers? Did you clear cookies before test?

Re: Cannot change to Standard Version with redirect to domain 13 years ago #4012

dryabov wrote:
Did you test it in several browsers? Did you clear cookies before test?

Not sure how to test it in several browsers on the iphone, i though you only get Safari?. Yes i cleared the cache

I will change the code back and leave it for a few days so you can see what it does.. 

When you go to Safari on the iphone and type in www.globalguysgear.com it goes to the main site not the mobile site.. Likewise when you google it, it also goes to the main site

If you type in mobile.globalguysgear.com it goes to mobile joomla, and if you hit standard version is goes to the main site. 

thanks
Last Edit: 13 years ago by globalguysgear. Reason: added comments

Re: Cannot change to Standard Version with redirect to domain 13 years ago #4020

• barcik
  • Fresh Boarder
Propably I wait for 0.9.13. In my case not working redirecting when I change this:
elseif($MobileJoomla_Device['markup']!=='') //Redirect to special domain
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.