Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

MobileJoomla stripping javascript when using iPhone
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: MobileJoomla stripping javascript when using iPhone

MobileJoomla stripping javascript when using iPhone 9 years, 2 months ago #18347

• dpstech
  • Fresh Boarder
we are using Joomla! 3.1.5 Stable [ Ember ] 01-August-2013 14:00 GMT and MobileJoomla 1.2.8. We have a simple html form to capture customer information for an online payment. Upon submit of this form a javascript function is called to validate the information input. If any details are invalid then a pop-up window is displayed to notify the user.
This javascript works on all browsers on a desktop PC and iPad but
does not run when using an iPhone. This has been tested on multiple iPhones ensuring that javascript is enabled and pop-ups are allowed. Having looked at the source code (using an iPhone emulator) I can see that the javascript is being stripped out. I have checked the settings within the Mobile Joomla component and "Remove unsupported tags" is set to "Off" within the iphone and advanced settings. Does anyone know how we can stop MobileJoomla from stripping out the javascript or suggest an alternative solution.

Re: MobileJoomla stripping javascript when using iPhone 9 years, 2 months ago #18349

• dpstech
  • Fresh Boarder
I have upgraded to the latest version of Mobile Joomla (1.21.11) as the change log listed "1.2.10 - Fix possible displaying of JavaScript sources in mobile_iphone template". However the problems remains and the javascript is still being stripped out.

Re: MobileJoomla stripping javascript when using iPhone 9 years, 2 months ago #18350

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Could you send me (PM or This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ) URL of that page?

Re: MobileJoomla stripping javascript when using iPhone 9 years, 2 months ago #18365

• dpstech
  • Fresh Boarder
did you have any luck looking at the URL i had sent you? I look forward to hearing back from you.

Re: MobileJoomla stripping javascript when using iPhone 9 years, 2 months ago #18366

• dryabov
  • Administrator
Mobile iPhone template doesn't strip javascripts, and it is seems that no plugins or component appends javascripts to <head> section on that page. In desktop version there are several javascript files loaded by theme1652 template and mod_superfish_menu module.

Re: MobileJoomla stripping javascript when using iPhone 9 years, 2 months ago #18367

• dpstech
  • Fresh Boarder
the java script that is not running and not showing in the source code of the URL in question, has been input directly in the article that contains the payment form. As previously mentioned this javascript runs in all other browsers and on other smartphones and tablets, but is not executed when using an iPhone. Is there any further information I could provide that could assist with the diagnostics?

Re: MobileJoomla stripping javascript when using iPhone 9 years, 2 months ago #18368

• dryabov
  • Administrator
Could you list 3rdparty System plugins on your website, maybe one of them removes javascripts in mobile version.

And check that mobile subdomains fields are empty in MJ's backend settings ("Advanced" tab).

Re: MobileJoomla stripping javascript when using iPhone 9 years, 2 months ago #18374

• dpstech
  • Fresh Boarder
Please find attached an image showing all the plugins enabled on the site.

I'm aware that the "Ediotr - TinyMCE" plugin can strip java script, however we have added an exclusion for this which has enabled us to enter and save java script directly in the article.

I can also confirm that the sub domain fields are empty.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Many thanks
Attachments:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.