Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Installed/Unstalled, now auto template selection fails
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Installed/Unstalled, now auto template selection fails

Installed/Unstalled, now auto template selection fails 13 years, 3 months ago #3219

• paulearley
  • Fresh Boarder
I installed MobileJoomla and it appeared to work correctly, but I modified several parameters and of course messed up my mobile menu. I used a common Joomla solution, uninstalled MobileJoomla and reinstalled. Now the auto template switcher fails to work for iPhone / iPad (my only test tools).

After install, I cleared out the cache and made sure extensions were uninstalled.

Any suggestions how I messed this up?
Paul Earley

Re: Installed/Unstalled, now auto template selection fails 13 years, 3 months ago #3227

• miohtama
  • Expert Boarder
One thing could be mark-up in Mobile Joomla! settings. It maps templates to specific devices. 

Also there is two kind of modes "simple" and "terawurfl". Terawurfl might not be working correctly.

Re: Installed/Unstalled, now auto template selection fails 13 years, 3 months ago #3229

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
paulearley wrote:
Now the auto template switcher fails to work for iPhone / iPad (my only test tools).

What tools do you use?

Re: Installed/Unstalled, now auto template selection fails 13 years, 3 months ago #3231

• paulearley
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the help!
I use the following tools: JoomlaWatch Extploder, GuardXT, sh404sef (sh404sef template switcher present but not enabled)

I have both the  "simple" and "terawurfl" plugins present and enabled. In the instructions, I did not see anything about selecting simple or terawurfl inthe docs, so not sure how to select one mode or the other.

General settings have not been changed from install (except turned off cache). Domain multisite turned off.

Re: Installed/Unstalled, now auto template selection fails 13 years, 3 months ago #3232

• miohtama
  • Expert Boarder
You might also want to try some other phone simulators, so it can be pinned down if this problem is specific to iPhone or do all phones fail:

Simulators

Re: Installed/Unstalled, now auto template selection fails 13 years, 3 months ago #3233

• paulearley
  • Fresh Boarder
Are there .htaccess settings that could be messing me up? I have PMed it to you.

Re: Installed/Unstalled, now auto template selection fails 13 years, 3 months ago #3234

• paulearley
  • Fresh Boarder
The Opera Mini sim works. Hmmm any sugestions on what to do with the iphone template?

Re: Installed/Unstalled, now auto template selection fails 13 years, 3 months ago #3241

• Barnabas
I installed this one under windows. It takes a while to get used to it, but I found that it rendered my test site as iphone when the firefox user agent switch would not. It is a strange situation I can't put my finger on because another test site I have with MJ 0.9.11 works.

Anyway the application is called iBBDemo2 from here labs.blackbaud.com/NetCommunity/article?artid=662
Don't get fooled into thinking this is Blackberry by the BB it's an iphone that transforms by Ctrl 1/2 into an ipad.
Last Edit: 13 years, 3 months ago by Barnabas.

Re: Installed/Unstalled, now auto template selection fails 13 years, 3 months ago #3247

• bazza14
  • Junior Boarder
Try purging the SH404 records

Re: Installed/Unstalled, now auto template selection fails 13 years, 3 months ago #3252

• paulearley
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks or all the feedback, I pursued all ideas and found, to my embarrassment, that the solution was much simpler. 

On the iPhone and the iPad, I needed to clear the CACHE on my mobile devices..  This became clear after using the BB iPhone Sim that Barnabas suggested (which worked fine despite iPhone and iPad showing the main PC website.

The lesson for others as dense as I, is when testing: Clear the cache!

Paul Earley
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.