Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Mysql database too large with Mobile - TeraWURFL plugin
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mysql database too large with Mobile - TeraWURFL plugin

Mysql database too large with Mobile - TeraWURFL plugin 13 years, 1 month ago #3182

Hi,

First, I wouild like to thank you for your great component!

The Mobile Joomla! 0.9.11 works great for my jommla CMS 1.5.22 with php5 and mysql5. But I had to desactivate the Mobile - TeraWURFL plugin because my Mysql database is too large (around 35MB).  All my TeraWurfl tables are in utf8_general_ci Collation and I don't know if this is the reason.

My Question is : Is there any way to reduce the size of the TeraWurfl tables in my database and how to do it ?

Regards,
Franck

Re: Mysql database too large with Mobile - TeraWURFL plugin 13 years, 1 month ago #3184

• bazza14
  • Junior Boarder
No, there isn't.

Re: Mysql database too large with Mobile - TeraWURFL plugin 13 years, 1 month ago #3215

Thanks for your reply,
I will find a solution with my hosting provider to get a wider DB...

Have a nice day

Re: Mysql database too large with Mobile - TeraWURFL plugin 13 years, 1 month ago #3222

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Actually, there is a way to install MobileJoomla without TeraWURFL plugin (it was described in FAQ).

Re: Mysql database too large with Mobile - TeraWURFL plugin 13 years, 1 month ago #3243

• bazza14
  • Junior Boarder
Yes indeed there is but the question was is there a way to make it smaller.

Re: Mysql database too large with Mobile - TeraWURFL plugin 13 years, 1 month ago #3250

Hi dryabov and bazza14,

In fact, since the TeraWURFL sql is quite large, is there another way to have these files outside the Database in order to keep the joomla Database relatively small...for exemple as plugin file extension outside the Database...

...or in the future version of MobileJoomla, is there a way to choose another mysql database than the joomla mysql database (a configuration parameter inside the TeraWURFL plugin to configure another mysql hosting path) ?

Thanks for all you time you spend in supporting this wonderful Joomla extension...
Franck

Re: Mysql database too large with Mobile - TeraWURFL plugin 13 years, 1 month ago #3256

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
myvirtuallady wrote:
...or in the future version of MobileJoomla, is there a way to choose another mysql database than the joomla mysql database (a configuration parameter inside the TeraWURFL plugin to configure another mysql hosting path) ?

You can move all the TeraWURFL's tables and procedures to another database and set database name, user and pass in plugins/mobile/terawurfl.php:
		TeraWurflConfig::$DB_USER      = "db_user_name_here";
TeraWurflConfig::$DB_PASS = "db_user_password_here";
TeraWurflConfig::$DB_SCHEMA = "db_database_name_here";
Last Edit: 13 years, 1 month ago by dryabov.

Re: Mysql database too large with Mobile - TeraWURFL plugin 13 years, 1 month ago #3299

Hi dryabov,

Great ! This is the solution I expected for.
Thank you so much for this option. I am really happy to use MobileJoomla in its full version.

Bravo and have a nice day,
Franck 

Re: Mysql database too large with Mobile - TeraWURFL plugin 13 years, 1 month ago #3370

• pentagroup
  • Fresh Boarder
can be explained the steps, sorry im beginner

Re: Mysql database too large with Mobile - TeraWURFL plugin 13 years, 1 month ago #3419

1) Go into phpmyadmin and copy you Joomla database as terawurfl.

2) Go into information_schema database and run the query

select concat("drop table ",table_name,";") from tables where substr(table_name,1,4) = 'jos_' and
substr(table_name,1,13) != 'Jos_terawurfl';

Note: I am assuming you are running Joomla database with prefix 'jos_', if not then change the above accordingly

3) Copy all the drop statements into clipboard.

4) Go into terawurl database and run SQL with statements copied from the clipboard. At this stage you have a database with just the terawurfl tables.

5) Now go back to nformation_schema database and run the query

select concat("drop table ",table_name,";") from tables where substr(table_name,1,13) = 'Jos_terawurfl';

6) Copy the drop statements to clipboard.

7) Now go to your Joomla database and run the SQL with statements copied from the clipboard. At this stage you have a database with just the joomla tables.

The above process would have taken out the terawurfl tables and put them in a separate database.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.14 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.