Username Password: Remember me

Elegance and Joomla 4
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Elegance and Joomla 4

Elegance and Joomla 4 4 months, 2 weeks ago #21880

• cyndysolon
  • Fresh Boarder
I purchased Mobile Basic and Elegance last year. My subscription has expired and there is a Renew button on my account. I've read in this forum that both are compatible with Joomla 4. I ended up completely rebuilding the website because I couldn't get a previous version of Joomla to work with Php 8.x and I couldn't get it upgraded. After rebuilding the site in Joomla 4 with the latest php, I tried to reinstall Basic and Elegance so I could just renew and upgrade, but all I've done is created a mess.
The mobile joomla basic page is offering downloads for various Joomla versions so I downloaded the joomla 4 version.

I thought I got it installed, but at this point I'm totally lost because I'm not sure what I've done. I'm getting the module positions mj_xxx, but there was no module for the mobile menu, so I created one which isn't what shows up on the phone. Elegance shows up in my templates on the Joomla backend, but it's not in the media/templates folder where Joomla 4 is now putting things. It is in the template folder though. So mobile joomla is not working on my phone. It is just showing the joomla desktop version with the main menu not being what I tried to set up for viewing on phones. Bottom line is I want to purchase what I had before, the Basic version and Elegance template, but versions that are compatible with Joomla 4 and php 8. How do I specify I want to purchase those versions? Once purchased and installed, will it fix the mess I made with trying to install the expired versions?

Re: Elegance and Joomla 4 4 months, 2 weeks ago #21881

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
To work with mobile templates, you need to install the Mobile and Mobile Adaptive extensions. They have a single package for all versions of Joomla. But the templates (Mobile Basic, Mobile Elegance, etc.) are different for different versions of Joomla. I hope you have downloaded and installed the correct extensions: Mobile 3.3, Mobile Adaptive 3.3, and Mobile Basic 3.2 for Joomla 4x.

To activate a mobile template, open the Adaptive tab in the Mobile settings and select the template you want to use in the mobile version. Don't forget to save your settings.

When installing Mobile Adaptive, a menu module (mainmenu) is automatically created in the mj_panel position. You can either change the displayed menu in the settings of this module instance, or, if necessary, place other menus in other positions of the template.

You can check if everything works correctly with the Mobile Basic template, then install Mobile Elegance and select it in the Adaptive tab.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cyndysolon

Re: Elegance and Joomla 4 4 months, 2 weeks ago #21882

• cyndysolon
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you so much! When I purchased the Elegance template, it gave me options for the different joomla versions so I was able to get the one for Joomla 4. For some reason, after my Basic and Elegance subscriptions expired, the ads did not return so I wasn't sure if I really needed to pay for the Mobile Basic, but I bought it anyway just to ensure I didn't end up with ads. However, when I purchased that, it did not give me options for the various joomla versions. The only download I was offered was not the 3.2 free version I already installed. I believe it was 2.something, so I did not install that. But I am totally happy! I love the Elegance template and thanks to you, I got it back. Your assistance was truly appreciated!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.