Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Mobile site works without redirecting to subdomains
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mobile site works without redirecting to subdomains

Mobile site works without redirecting to subdomains 12 years, 2 months ago #7412

• Baghirli
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi! ))

Mobile version of site works when "domain support" is turnet off.
When I activate domain support none of them (pad, wap, iphone...) work.

Re: Mobile site works without redirecting to subdomains 12 years, 2 months ago #7454

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
It's issue of RC6: this version doesn't redirect mobile devices to subdomain and displays desktop version instead. You can view mobile website by direct visiting of corresponding subdomain.

Re: Mobile site works without redirecting to subdomains 12 years, 2 months ago #7508

• jsel
  • Fresh Boarder
Just don't understand the need for subdomains, I have 3 sites two using Joomla 1.7, one using 2.5. All use RC6, have no subdomains and all work perfectly Terwurfl decides whether to display mobile or standard version based on user token. Subdomains are a pain since different ISP's treat them in different ways, some still require www. in front, others will not allow a subdomain to point at the root, some dont even allow subdomains etc.

Re: Mobile site works without redirecting to subdomains 12 years, 2 months ago #7792

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Subdomain feature is just an option, if you like to have special m.yoursite.com or yoursite.mobi domain for mobiles. If you don't like, MJ works well without subdomains too.

Re: Mobile site works without redirecting to subdomains 12 years, 2 months ago #7893

• railer
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi -- What would be some examples of reasons to send mobile users to a subdomain when accessing a Joomla site? Would we be able to port the same content of the desktop site to the mobile subdomain site?
Would it require two different installations of Joomla?

Please advise,
Railer
Last Edit: 12 years, 2 months ago by railer.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.