Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Drop Down Menu

Re: Drop Down Menu 12 years, 1 month ago #8255

My apologies...I got confused since you were posting in here. I almost have my issue resolved minus the fact that I cannot get the footer and back to top button to stay at the bottom of my mobile screen. I blocked the content from showing and am just using a menu...since there is no content, its positioning the footer up high and covering part of the menu.

Re: Drop Down Menu 12 years, 1 month ago #8296

• LAMF
  • Senior Boarder
COOL: Thanks a lot fo looking into it. I have sent Denis an email with the ftp details. Hope it wil help resolving the problem as this is my first mobile joomla on a Joomla 2.5.x site.

Mtech: I'm happy you're on the rite track with this, I know how annoying it can be not getting any help. Hopefully you will learn how to set this up now and how it works with menus and suffixes and all.

Re: Drop Down Menu 12 years, 1 month ago #8297

• LAMF
  • Senior Boarder
mtechsolution wrote:
I almost have my issue resolved minus the fact that I cannot get the footer and back to top button to stay at the bottom of my mobile screen. I blocked the content from showing and am just using a menu...since there is no content, its positioning the footer up high and covering part of the menu.

Try moving the footer to the bottom module setting of the mobile templates and also sort it to the bottom of the modules in the modules pane.

Re: Drop Down Menu 12 years, 1 month ago #8299

LAMF...no problem...you have been a great HUGE help to me. I am somewhat grasping the concept of how it works...pieces are starting to fall into place.

I have already tried changing it in the mobile templates to Bottom Module #3. I went into Module Manager and disabled the mod_footer, however, no change. Its apparently not the joomla footer module. Its the back to top and standard version | mobile version footer that is covering part of the menu.

Sincere thanks

Jeremy
Last Edit: 12 years, 1 month ago by mtechsolution.

Re: Drop Down Menu 12 years, 1 month ago #8304

• LAMF
  • Senior Boarder
You're welcome Jeremy!
Cheers,
Micke

Re: Drop Down Menu 12 years ago #8439

Still no luck as of yet with making the Standard Version | Mobile Version links and the Back to Top link stay at the bottom under the menu. Even disabling the footer doesn't do it either.

Any more ideas? Thanks!

Re: Drop Down Menu 12 years ago #8445

• LAMF
  • Senior Boarder
Jeremy,
I am out of good ideas but maybe if you looka at the aite in Firefox and use Firebug you could see if there's any strange coding in the css that makes it being pushed to the bottom.

Re: Drop Down Menu 12 years ago #8446

• LAMF
  • Senior Boarder
Hey again,
Checked your coding and your problem is simply to go into the modules manager and go into the Select markup module and set it to the position mj_all_footer.
As it is now it is placed in the content (middlde) position.
Another thing that might add a wee better look is if you took away the top banner.
To do that you do like this:
in the css/mj_xhtml.css file go to this section:

#header {
    background: url("../resources/images/img-branding-background.png") repeat-x scroll center top transparent;
    height: 53px;
    padding: 17px 10px 0;
}

And change it to:

#header {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
    height: 10px;
    padding: 3px 10px;
}

Then I would suggest you to change this lines in the same file:

h1, div.h1 {
    border: medium none;
    font-size: 23px;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
}

to

h1, div.h1 {
    border: medium none;
    font-size: 23px;
    margin: 10px;
    padding: 10px;
    text-align: center;
}

Maybe you want a logo header instead?
Or just change the color of the Header text?
To change the color you just add this line in the h1, div.h1 code above:
color: #99CC66;  (this gives the green colour you use on the Welcome text in the standard site.

If you want a logo header you go into the modules manager of joomla again and into the Mobile header module and set up the Show picture/image instead of Text.
Then in the field Header img URL: add this line: 
{{root}}templates/mobile_smartphone/resources/images/my_logo.png

Where my logo is the logo file name, you just replace it with the real logo img file (preferably in png or gif format if you need transparency or png,jpg or gif if it's just a flat image).
It should be something like 250px wide to fit nicely in the mobile screen when watching it in the narrow view.

If you go through this thread I would say it's the closest you can get to a tutorial on how to stylish the MJ for a smartphone (or iPhone it isn't that much different).

Good luck!
Last Edit: 12 years ago by LAMF. Reason: adding more info

Re: Drop Down Menu 12 years ago #8450

Unfortunately Select markup is already set to mj_all_footer. As far as the look is concerned I will definitely look at trying out your suggestions. I really am trying to get the first issue figured out first. Its Back to thinking for me.

The Select markup controls the standard and mobile version links and I can disable that. Problem is that a back to top bar spans the width of the device screen. That's what I can't seem to find out how to disable.

Thanks
Last Edit: 12 years ago by mtechsolution.

Re: Drop Down Menu 12 years ago #8451

• LAMF
  • Senior Boarder
Sorry for now I'm out of any good suggestions. 
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.