Username Password: Remember me

Size of pda display
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Size of pda display

Size of pda display 12 years, 6 months ago #6051

• skibikekite
  • Junior Boarder
The header, menu and footer are all scaled the same.  This would be great except for the fact that the whole mobile page is shrunken to only 2cm of my 7cm screen size on HTC Desire.  The entire page is far too small.  I have found nothing in the archives to help with this problem.  Thanks, Tracy

Re: Size of pda display 12 years, 6 months ago #6053

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Try to add
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, minimum-scale=1, maximum-scale=1, user-scalable=no">

after < head > tag in mobile_pda template.

Re: Size of pda display 12 years, 6 months ago #6057

• skibikekite
  • Junior Boarder
OK, that works better.  The text is still too small.  The menu buttons on the iPhone are much bigger for use on a touch screen.  On Android, they are much more difficult to use. Is there a way to get the menu to work on th pda template like the iphone?

Re: Size of pda display 12 years, 6 months ago #6061

I use the PDA template for both the Android and iPhone devices and have the opposite problem, Android is scaled properly and iPhone is shrunk really small... When you get them both the same size, post what you did

Re: Size of pda display 12 years, 6 months ago #6067

Try setting the Image Adaption Method to Fixed Rescale Ratio and then use the Decrease Image Width field to shrink if you need to. That's how I fixed my issue. Also helps if you start out with images that are much bigger than what you need.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Barnabas

Re: Size of pda display 12 years, 6 months ago #6072

• skibikekite
  • Junior Boarder
ScorpiousDelectus wrote:
Try setting the Image Adaption Method to Fixed Rescale Ratio and then use the Decrease Image Width field to shrink if you need to. That's how I fixed my issue. Also helps if you start out with images that are much bigger than what you need.

Thanks for the suggestion, but it did not work.

Re: Size of pda display 12 years, 6 months ago #6073

• Barnabas
Just a thought, does it make a difference if you clear the cache on the phone?

Re: Size of pda display 12 years, 6 months ago #6074

• skibikekite
  • Junior Boarder
Barnabas wrote:
Just a thought, does it make a difference if you clear the cache on the phone?

Nope.  Oddly, there is no difference between in website appearance if i turn off the redirect from my pda subdomain.  Does MJ's general mobile appearance look like the pda?   I am simply wanting the homepage menu to be user friendly in appearance like the iphone.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Re: Size of pda display 12 years, 6 months ago #6075

I should mention that I use the PDA template for both Android and iPhone devices. I also don't have any redirects, so it goes straight to my primary domain. Maybe try it like that to make sure it's not either of those two things that is causing the issue?

Re: Size of pda display 12 years, 6 months ago #6076

• skibikekite
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks for the responsiveness.  How do you get the iPhone template on the phones if you are not using a redirect?  Are you using the iPhone template for everything?  That certainly would not work for my needs.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.13 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.