Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: JQTouch

JQTouch 13 years, 6 months ago #543

Hello,

I just downloaded this component and have to say it is fantastic. Thanks so much for such a useful tool!

As I was going through the source code, I noticed there was template and other code from JQTouch included but I couldn't figure out how to implement this. Is there a way I can turn this on? I would love to be able to get even some of the functionality displayed in the demo at the jqtouch website. It would be a huge improvement to an already fantastic tool.

If this is not possible and is not going to be possible anytime in the near future, if someone could help me figure out how to add it to my joomla site, I'd be happy to make a generous donation. Sorry, in advance, if this post doesn't make any sense, I've been staring at a computer screen too long!

Thanks again!
John

Re: JQTouch 12 years, 7 months ago #5367

• muranyia
  • Fresh Boarder
Please, I have the same problem.
Plus I'd like to install 3rd party JQTouch templates but it seems they don't work with this version of JQTouch.
Then, when I try to upgrade JQTouch in JM, it seems that other versions (current senchalabs/DataZombies) don't work with this version of JM.
Any help appreciated, thank you.

Re: JQTouch 12 years, 7 months ago #5380

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Note that MJ doesn't use all the features of jQTouch framework. In particular, currently it uses css-styles only and doesn't use ajax-loading, transitions, etc. (as far as I remember we detected a conflict with mootools library that appeared on iphones only and so it's hard to detect it and develop a workaround).

Re: JQTouch 12 years, 7 months ago #5383

• muranyia
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the reply!
Could you help me find a definite answer to these questions then, please?
- Is it possible to make the other bundled theme (jqt) work? I see this part in index.php but it seems to make no difference: params->get('theme', 'apple')
- Is it possible to throw in other JQTouch themes, maybe with a known workaround?
- Is it possible to throw in a newer JQTouch, maybe with a known workaround?

Thanks a lot,
Andras

Re: JQTouch 12 years, 7 months ago #5398

• dryabov
  • Administrator
1. MJ uses old version of jQTouch framework. New ones require to put all the page content into <div id="jqm"> (just look at new jqt examples), so it's insufficient to just change path to new theme.

2. Changing of mobile_iphone params (apple or jqt themes) actually works, but
a) backend template settings have no corresponding translation file, so there is long language constants instead of 'apple' and 'jqt';
b) on some servers it's impossible to update template parameters because of joomla sets 755 permissions to params.ini (that is making them executable) before saving content, but server doesn't allow to modify such a files.
Last Edit: 12 years, 7 months ago by dryabov.

Re: JQTouch 12 years, 6 months ago #5743

• tgc123
  • Fresh Boarder
dryabov wrote:
New ones require to put all the page content into <div id="jqm"> (just look at new jqt examples)

This? I can't find "jqm" anywhere in the source. It looks pretty clean.

If mootools interferes, please find a way to disable it and just let it run jQuery. Or maybe with jQuery.noConflict mode running it might work?

The transitions in jQTouch just adds so much to the user's experience—would love to see you guys get this working.

Re: JQTouch 12 years, 6 months ago #5745

• dryabov
  • Administrator

Re: JQTouch 12 years, 4 months ago #6689

• fidoboy
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm trying to get jQTouch working on Mobile Joomla, i've removed Mootools, so there's no problems with javascript; the issue is that all links stopped working. When i click on any link on my website it goes to a black page and the <body> section has no content.

Can anybody help?

Re: JQTouch 12 years, 4 months ago #6691

• dryabov
  • Administrator
fidoboy wrote:
I'm trying to get jQTouch working on Mobile Joomla, i've removed Mootools, so there's no problems with javascript; the issue is that all links stopped working. When i click on any link on my website it goes to a black page and the <body> section has no content.

Can anybody help?

Do you test it online? If yes, could you send me link to look at?

Re: JQTouch 12 years, 4 months ago #6700

• fidoboy
  • Fresh Boarder
Sorry i'm doing tests on a local web server, but i can give you all the info you need... I've loaded the jqtouch.js script, i've initialized it and it seems to work (it loads and there is no javascript errors) but when i click any page link it goes to an empty page (the body section is empty, but there is headers and other stuff). May be that it's related with AJAX, may be the jQTouch script is trying to load the page using AJAX to make the animated transition and it fails. Can you please test it? Or there is any simple working sample online? Looking at the jQTouch site there is many examples but all of them are using html pages and not php scripts as Mobile Joomla.

regards,
Last Edit: 12 years, 4 months ago by fidoboy.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.