Username Password: Remember me

How to do settings and configurations for 1.0
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: How to do settings and configurations for 1.0

How to do settings and configurations for 1.0 12 years, 1 month ago #7668

• Gloria
  • Fresh Boarder
My site (www.silverbyanna.com) does not display correct in a mobile, so I wanted to try to adapt it and found this program today. I have installed and am reading the help files. The pages I see in Joomla and the pages shown in the installation and configuration help files, don't look the same. I'm confused. 

1. Force as homepage: I want the mobile site to look exactly the same as the PC site, so can I enter the PC site's home page here, or must I make a new mobile-page?

2. When it comes to the different mobiles, smart-phone for instance, what do I do in the Template Modules and Template Options sections?

3. There's a site to test iphone (www.testiphone.com I think), do you know if there's something like that for Android too?

I'm a complete novice at this and I'm sorry if these questions are really dumb. I would be grateful if somebody can tell me what to do here.

Regards / Gloria

Re: How to do settings and configurations for 1.0 12 years, 1 month ago #7712

• C00L
  • Administrator
Hi Gloria, happy you joined!

You are right, some of our document screenshots should be updated. But interfaces are actually quite similar?

Check this one out, if you haven't seen earlier: www.mobilejoomla.com/documentation/12-getting-started/55-video-tutorial.html

When you say you'd like you mobile site to look exactly as PC site, what do you mean? MJ will display same content, but in a mobile optimizes template.

Per settings, you do not need to modify force as homepage setting, you can leave it default. For templates as well, you do not need to do anything special, MJ will use default templates. You can use Opera simluator for Android simulation.

www.opera.com/developer/tools/mini/
Last Edit: 12 years, 1 month ago by C00L.

Re: How to do settings and configurations for 1.0 12 years, 1 month ago #7728

• Gloria
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you Cool,
What I meant was that I wanted all menus and links to be exactly as on the big site, only smaller to fit in a smart phone / iphone. When I tested it in my own Android phone, the top menu didn't work, but I have since heard that iphone and ipad displays correct.
I looked at the video tutorial that you mentioned, and it was very helpful, and also the link to Opera's simulator was great. There I found that our site does actually display correct, I suppose it's only in my own older version of Android that things are not OK.
In any case, I'll use mobile joomla and see if that takes care of it.
Thanks again for your quick help.
Regards,
Gloria

Re: How to do settings and configurations for 1.0 12 years, 1 month ago #7729

• C00L
  • Administrator
Great to hear Gloria!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.