Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Removing Joomla GNU and Mobile Joomla Footer in 1.0 (Stable)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Removing Joomla GNU and Mobile Joomla Footer in 1.0 (Stable)

Removing Joomla GNU and Mobile Joomla Footer in 1.0 (Stable) 12 years, 2 months ago #7521

• Tiffniffer
  • Fresh Boarder
Ok, I upgraded to 1.0 (stable) this morning and now it seems the option to remove the footer that displays "Joomla! is a Free Software released under the GNU General Public License".

Also, I'd like to remove the "Mobile version by Mobile Joomla!" wording on the footer too (if they're separate).

I looked to answer my question before posting a new topic and it seems like the only support is for the older version where the option to remove was in the first page of the settings.

Help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Re: Removing Joomla GNU and Mobile Joomla Footer in 1.0 (Stable) 12 years, 1 month ago #7600

• wizerd724
  • Fresh Boarder
This used to be an option w/in the each of the options in the configuration, but it seems to be gone?

Anyone figured this w/o component hack.

Re: Removing Joomla GNU and Mobile Joomla Footer in 1.0 (Stable) 12 years, 1 month ago #7602

• Tiffniffer
  • Fresh Boarder
I finally got it after removing a line of html. Looks like it worked on Android and iPhones.

Re: Removing Joomla GNU and Mobile Joomla Footer in 1.0 (Stable) 12 years, 1 month ago #7607

• wizerd724
  • Fresh Boarder
Can you post the html alterations you made?

Re: Removing Joomla GNU and Mobile Joomla Footer in 1.0 (Stable) 12 years, 1 month ago #7612

• jgribble
  • Fresh Boarder
I would also like to know. This new version is nice, but I wish they'd kept the option to suppress the footer right in the control settings.

Re: Removing Joomla GNU and Mobile Joomla Footer in 1.0 (Stable) 12 years, 1 month ago #7627

• C00L
  • Administrator
Hi guys, we moved this option from the backend UI to the next "Ad remover" release, which will be out in couple of days. If really urgent, you can of course remove it from the source code.

Re: Removing Joomla GNU and Mobile Joomla Footer in 1.0 (Stable) 12 years, 1 month ago #7664

• vadmin
  • Fresh Boarder
I have uploaded and installed the ad remover plugin, but for some reason it is not being removed? Am I doing something wrong?

Re: Removing Joomla GNU and Mobile Joomla Footer in 1.0 (Stable) 12 years, 1 month ago #7688

• sfrench
  • Fresh Boarder
can you tell me where that html line was? thank you
Last Edit: 12 years, 1 month ago by sfrench.

Re: Removing Joomla GNU and Mobile Joomla Footer in 1.0 (Stable) 12 years, 1 month ago #7689

• sfrench
  • Fresh Boarder
i also installed the ad remover and it removed the ad but not the gnu can you tell me what i did wrong?

Re: Removing Joomla GNU and Mobile Joomla Footer in 1.0 (Stable) 12 years, 1 month ago #7708

• C00L
  • Administrator
Just released the update

www.mobilejoomla.com/blog/100-mobile-joomla-101-extension-updates.html

• Download latest Remove Support Ads extension and install
  • Extensions -> Plugin Manager
  • Mobile - Remove Support Ads
  • Remove Copyright -> Yes
The following user(s) said Thank You: eigenheimer, FredB, Pamela Garcia, Tiffniffer
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.