Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Installed ok, subdomain ok, so what now? no mobile site to see
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Installed ok, subdomain ok, so what now? no mobile site to see

Installed ok, subdomain ok, so what now? no mobile site to see 12 years, 3 months ago #7156

• theant
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello
thanks a lot for this component.
on www.mbnews.it installed the latest 1.0 RC6, created the subdomain (m.mbnews.it), everything seems ok but... there is no mobile version available
I tried with Opera Emulator and with real Nokia 5800 with Opera Mini.
All plugin enabled, subdomain enabled only for pda/smartphone.
What I see is the default site version/template. What can I check?

Database Version: 5.1.57
Database Collation: utf8_general_ci
PHP Version: 5.3.6
Web Server: Apache
Web Server to PHP interface: cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5.25 Stable [ senu takaa ama mamni ] 14-November-2011 18:00 GMT

Re: Installed ok, subdomain ok, so what now? no mobile site to see 12 years, 3 months ago #7158

• pnmcintyre
  • Fresh Boarder
You are not alone. I also cannot see any mobile version now with 1.0 RC6 at www.searchhigh.co.uk

Anyone have any ideas, as there seem to be several people with this problem but no suggested solutions.
Thanks

Re: Installed ok, subdomain ok, so what now? no mobile site to see 12 years, 3 months ago #7159

• theant
  • Fresh Boarder
It seems that the Joomla community is not very interested in the mobile world. There is just one component around and it need help. Perhaps a paid version could be an incentive for the developer.

Re: Installed ok, subdomain ok, so what now? no mobile site to see 12 years, 3 months ago #7169

• tumshie40
  • Fresh Boarder
I too cant get it to show

Re: Installed ok, subdomain ok, so what now? no mobile site to see 12 years, 3 months ago #7170

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
m.mbnews.it displays mobile version (tested in Android and desktop browsers).

The only (known to me) issue of 1.0RC6 is that it doesn't redirect mobile browsers to corresponding subdomain and displays desktop version instead.
The fix is here: github.com/mobilejoomla/mobilejoomla/commit/966bba23351b0ad56a54844d92a2bd1fed41f678

Re: Installed ok, subdomain ok, so what now? no mobile site to see 12 years, 3 months ago #7187

• theant
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you dryabov. I see the m.mbnews.it version too now. But the redirect doesn't work anyway.
Last Edit: 12 years, 3 months ago by theant.

Re: Installed ok, subdomain ok, so what now? no mobile site to see 12 years, 3 months ago #7188

I was just about to post about it not working on my live site with the new version and saw this post.

great to see a fix is available , however how do i implement?
do i just need to make the changes to the domains.php file?

Re: Installed ok, subdomain ok, so what now? no mobile site to see 12 years, 3 months ago #7190

• nycxav
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

My problem is I don't find the file to fix. I have no packages/plugin/domains/domains.php file. I have installed RC6 using the automated update from the Joomla 1.7 dashboard. Could that be the reason?

Thanks.

Re: Installed ok, subdomain ok, so what now? no mobile site to see 12 years, 3 months ago #7192

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
plugins/mobile/domains/domains.php

Re: Installed ok, subdomain ok, so what now? no mobile site to see 12 years, 3 months ago #7193

• nycxav
  • Fresh Boarder
Found it in the meantime and just implemented it. It works.
Thanks.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.