Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

MJ installation works fine on one site but not on another
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: MJ installation works fine on one site but not on another

MJ installation works fine on one site but not on another 11 years, 2 months ago #13660

• osito
  • Fresh Boarder
It's a pity this really good component isn't properly documented.

I have 2 sites: same version of Joomla 1.5 same template, same server, ... I installed on one site and it worked immediately. Same installation on the other site simply will not work.

WHY?

I bought the Insider's Guide, hoping there would be some documentation in there: nothing! and I feel that guide is a rip-off. It really only explains why you need to buy other extensions.

Re: MJ installation works fine on one site but not on another 11 years, 2 months ago #13663

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
What is "simply will not work"? How do you test it? Did you have some warnings during installation? Or is there warnings listed in right column of General tab of MobileJoomla settings page?

Re: MJ installation works fine on one site but not on another 11 years, 2 months ago #13664

• osito
  • Fresh Boarder
"Not work" means that on iPhone, the site displays as on a PC, just scaled down. Installation went fine. I'm using a real IPhone to test. (BTW it does seem to work on my sons Galaxy S - and not on Opera Mobile Emulator, nor on iPad!

Interesting you should ask about "Warnings", as that would be the subject of another post of mine. I have two warnings on the site that won't work: "Identical aliases in menu" and about 30 on the one that does work. Is this very bad? What should I do about this issue?

Kind greetings!

Re: MJ installation works fine on one site but not on another 11 years, 2 months ago #13665

• dryabov
  • Administrator
Could post (or PM me) URL of that second website?

Re: MJ installation works fine on one site but not on another 11 years, 2 months ago #13674

• osito
  • Fresh Boarder
Works on www.sailpilot.com

Doesn't display on www.ventvoiles.com

Re: MJ installation works fine on one site but not on another 11 years, 2 months ago #13675

• dryabov
  • Administrator
I've tested ventvoiles.com in emulators, and it displays mobile version in all cases.
Try to clear cookies in your iPhone and recheck again, or visit ventvoiles.com/?device=auto to run device detection procedure again.
Last Edit: 11 years, 2 months ago by dryabov.
The following user(s) said Thank You: osito

Re: MJ installation works fine on one site but not on another 11 years, 2 months ago #13676

• osito
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you! "ventvoiles.com/?device=auto to run device detection procedure again" did it!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.