upgrade to 1.1.0 broke my homepage for desktops
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: upgrade to 1.1.0 broke my homepage for desktops

upgrade to 1.1.0 broke my homepage for desktops 11 years, 9 months ago #10115

• cmyksteve
  • Fresh Boarder
www.friendshipdays.org/

I tried uninstalling the component- still broken.
I tried reinstalling component ver 1.0.3.1- still broken.
Tried changing settings inside the reinstalled 1.0.3.1 version-still boken.
I'll gladly give up on mobile site, but need the desktop home page back quickly.
...need help.

Re: upgrade to 1.1.0 broke my homepage for desktops 11 years, 9 months ago #10116

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
It works well in my browser, most likely it's caching issue. Could you attach a screenshot?

Re: upgrade to 1.1.0 broke my homepage for desktops 11 years, 9 months ago #10117

• cmyksteve
  • Fresh Boarder
Homepage lost navigation and side modules.
Only "Inside pages" are building OK from the desktop.

www.friendshipdays.org/festival-events
Attachments:
Last Edit: 11 years, 9 months ago by cmyksteve. Reason: Added link to inside page

Re: upgrade to 1.1.0 broke my homepage for desktops 11 years, 9 months ago #10119

• dryabov
  • Administrator
MobileJoomla doesn't affect desktop site at all. What Joomla version do you use? Do you use 3rdparty SEF extension?
PS. It looks like that modules are assigned to each page except of homepage, check it.

Re: upgrade to 1.1.0 broke my homepage for desktops 11 years, 9 months ago #10121

• cmyksteve
  • Fresh Boarder
We just finished up our town festival (this site). I've been adding content day and night for weeks. Module positions were all in place right up until I upgraded this afternoon. Attached is a screen shot of the Mod Main Menu. This is the way the Main Menu Mod has been set for months and had been functioning fine.

It appears one menu (Top Menu I'd been using for Mobile Joomla) was removed when I ran the upgrade or maybe when I ran the uninstaller on vers 1.1.0 either way, the upgrade process did effect my hompage by removing all modules in both side columns. 
Attachments:

Re: upgrade to 1.1.0 broke my homepage for desktops 11 years, 9 months ago #10123

• cmyksteve
  • Fresh Boarder
I uninstalled version 1.0.3.1- hompage is still broken.
I'm now going to go into phpMyAdmin and see what I can remove to clean out this component.

Re: upgrade to 1.1.0 broke my homepage for desktops 11 years, 9 months ago #10124

• dryabov
  • Administrator
To change module/menu assignments, #__modules_menu DB table should be changed, but MJ do it on first install only and for it's own modules (it's open source, so it's easily to check). Of course, we will do some local checks to be sure that joomla's extension installer doesn't affect it in such a way.

Could you send me ( This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ) sql dump of your #__modules and #__modules_menu tables?

Re: upgrade to 1.1.0 did NOT break my homepage for desktops 11 years, 9 months ago #10137

• cmyksteve
  • Fresh Boarder
I was wrong about the the upgrade to 1.1.0 breaking my homepage for desktops. It was another changed I'd made to a video published on the home page, just prior to the MJ upgrade that knocked out my modules on the homepage- so sorry for the false info.

I reverted back to my Akeeba Backup from yesterday (old version of MJ). I've not got the time to try the upgrade again today.
Last Edit: 11 years, 9 months ago by cmyksteve. Reason: corrected ver no

Re: upgrade to 1.1.0 did NOT break my homepage for desktops 11 years, 9 months ago #10265

• cmyksteve
  • Fresh Boarder
I ran the 1.1.0 MJ upgrade successfully on this version of Joomla 1.5.x and also on version 2.5.x.

No problems at all with your component.

Thanks,
Steve
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.12 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.