Mobile site load desktop version
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mobile site load desktop version

Mobile site load desktop version 11 years, 11 months ago #9295

• nitromedia
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi!

I don't know why, but now, when i tried to see my website on my iphone, he shows me the desktop version version instead of the mobile version. I have to click on the mobile version link in the footer to see the good version.

What happened ?

Re: Mobile site load desktop version 11 years, 10 months ago #9821

• Mobile6
  • Junior Boarder
Hi, I've got the same problem. Yesterday I installes Mobile Joomla and I't looked o.k. but now I see the site on my mobile as I see it on my desktop. What happened?

Re: Mobile site load desktop version 11 years, 10 months ago #9827

• gorkemd
  • Senior Boarder
can you tell us which device you are testing with?

Re: Mobile site load desktop version 11 years, 10 months ago #9830

• Mobile6
  • Junior Boarder
I use the ipod touch on wifi. I deletend cookies and after that I saw the mobile interface again in safari so I guess that's the solution.

Re: Mobile site load desktop version 11 years, 9 months ago #10858

• walti
  • Fresh Boarder
Same on my site with version 1.1.0! pgcl.ch
Just installed the component. Installation was successfull whithout any error.

But i-phone, i-pad and android are showing the desktop version.

Also reinstallation and flushing Joomlas cache does not help.

Re: Mobile site load desktop version 11 years, 8 months ago #11057

• delucado
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello, my desktop site is built on Joomla 2.5.6. I am using Mobile Joomla 1.1.0. The site is www.crescereinsieme.org. I tested with Electric Mobile Simulator and it displayed the mobile site version. I tested on my iPhone 3G: some days ago it worked well, today the iPhone displays the desktop version, while on another iPhone 3G, the mobile version was displayed. I read frequently asked questions and I did not find my question answered there.
Thanks Regards

Re: Mobile site load desktop version 11 years, 8 months ago #11170

Before there was a problem with the mobile template displayed in desktop PC due to system cache enabled in joomla. This problem is now solved because joomla mobile allow to not cache the mobile version. But now there is the reverse problem. if you are using joomla system cache, the desktop PC template is now displayed in mobile.

IF you already logged in mobile site, there's no problem as the joomla system cache is disabled for registered users and you will see the correct mobile template in mobile site. but before logging in you will have the desktop template displayed in mobile site because it's cached.

I didn't test it with sub domains and didn't know if sub domains resolve this issue as the url is distinct.

Very difficult to choose between mobile joomla and system cache !

Re: Mobile site load desktop version 11 years, 8 months ago #11195

• delucado
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I tried again disabling the cache but my iPhone 3G shows the desktop version.I ask the developer to clarify the status of issue. Thanks Regards

Re: Mobile site load desktop version 11 years, 8 months ago #11196

OK, I assume that you cleaned the cache after, let's see what developpers say.

Regards

Re: Mobile site load desktop version 11 years, 8 months ago #11197

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Check order of System-Cache and Mobile Joomla plugins (both of "system" type), Mobile Joomla should be run before System-Cache.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.