Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Mobile site is displayed on my desktop browser
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mobile site is displayed on my desktop browser

Mobile site is displayed on my desktop browser 13 years ago #4175

When you go to my homepage: www.ingredientswizard.com and you click on any of the articles, the page it opens in is the mobile browser without any menu bars.
I have tried it on two desktops and several browsers: safari, ie 6,7,8, chrome, firefox 4.0 and it happens everywhere.

Here are my user agents from my current desktop:
Your User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; GTB6.6; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; InfoPath.2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Your User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/534.24 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/11.0.696.65 Safari/534.24
Your User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; nl-NL) AppleWebKit/533.21.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.4 Safari/533.20.27
Your User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0

I had it before when I copied the menu to a mobile menu but then I created a new menu with different names and the problem seemed to be solved on those menu items. The pages that now show up in the mobile layout are not in a menu either on my pc website nor on my mobile site.

I did not rename my site to a mobile site as I just liked it as one address.

Thanks for any help

Re: Mobile site is displayed on my desktop browser 13 years ago #4176

• Barnabas
Hi,
As far as I can see the site is working OK. When I clicked on Research adzuki bean, I got one article and when I looked at the page source, it was using ja_purity template. That was from a desktop using Firefox. I then set the user agent to iphone and viewed again, and I got the same result but this used the iphone template.
You could try deleting cookies, both session and domain, for the site.

Could you give a specific example of what you expect to see? It may be that I do not understand the question.
How can I recognise a "page not in a menu either on my pc website nor on my mobile site"?
Thanks.
By the way, your observation, that you like the site as one address, is exactly how Mobile Joomla is designed.
A visitor gets the appropriate view of the site for the browser they are using.

<edit>
OK, I reread the question and it's about menu bars. I found on the desktop view that I had to enable noscript for the site to view the bars on the desktop. If the java script was not enabled for the browser, then the menu on the left did not show. Am I getting warm?
Last Edit: 13 years ago by Barnabas. Reason: menu bars

Re: Mobile site is displayed on my desktop browser 13 years ago #4182

Thank you for looking into it.

I am sure it is not a cookie or cache issue as I have tried accessing it from computers that have never accessed my site on before.

As you mentioned on your edit, it has to do with the navigation but only the top navigation menu as shown on hte home page as there is no left navigation menu on these pages. Somehow the black menu bar a the top of the page (under the logo) which is the main navigation accross my site, gets dropped. On the article page such as the adzuki bean, there should not be a left navigation menu only a top and bottom navigation. The bottom navigation shows up ok; it is the top navigation menu that disappears.
When I look at it with firebug, the following shows on the page without the main navigation menu:

<div id="ja-headerwrap">
<!-- END: HEADER -->
<!-- BEGIN: MAIN NAVIGATION -->
<!-- END: MAIN NAVIGATION -->

While on the homepage with the navigation bar showing: it says:

<div id="ja-headerwrap">
<!-- END: HEADER -->
<!-- BEGIN: MAIN NAVIGATION -->
<div id="ja-mainnavwrap">
<div id="ja-mainnav" class="clearfix">
</div>
<!-- END: MAIN NAVIGATION -->

So somehow the main navigation gets dropped on the server site.

I do not have noscript installed on my computers and I would not know what it is used for (I am not very technical (sorry)

The not showing navigation menu only happens with articles that are in a particular category (frontpage) that show on my frontpage/homepage. The other articles, for example in my ingredients section show up fine. (they also do have a left navigation menu)

Thanks again Ria

Re: Mobile site is displayed on my desktop browser 13 years ago #4187

• Barnabas
OK,
I have duplicated the problem. The solution does not involve MJ.
ja_purity template horizontal menu is controlled from
extensions > module manager
and when you edit this there is an area called
menu assignment.
My guess is that on your site it shows
(*) select menu items from the list.
If you set it to
(*) all
instead, you will get the horizontal menu on every page.
Hope that helps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: IngredientsWizard

Re: Mobile site is displayed on my desktop browser 13 years ago #4188

wow that did solve it, I am now just puzzled how that happened because before installing MJ. it did show on all pages and was working fine. (and as far as I can remember the main navigation menu was set to show up on all pages, but I have not checked it before installing)

Anyway I am very happy that it is working now. Thank you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Barnabas

Re: Mobile site is displayed on my desktop browser 13 years ago #4189

• Barnabas
You are welcome. Thanks for posting the result.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.