Username Password: Remember me

Pop Up Ads
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Pop Up Ads

Re: Pop Up Ads 10 years, 1 month ago #16920

• flaxton
  • Fresh Boarder
After having this extension installed for two years (with no updates), it started popping up ads advertising the Candy Crush Saga game on smartphones. I thought our server had been hacked! No, they turned on advertising, two years after we installed their extension! I consider that to be fraudulent, since it never did this when I installed and tested it!

Re: Pop Up Ads 10 years, 1 month ago #16926

• miikka
  • Senior Boarder
  • Building Mobile Joomla! partnerships
Hi, thank you for the feedback. Those are valid points, and we will do changes to the way the ads are displayed. While ads are important for us to be able to support the project development, we naturally want to find a fair balance that also feels right and suits different users. Thanks again for letting us know your opinion.

Re: Pop Up Ads 10 years, 1 month ago #16987

• linuxerium
  • Fresh Boarder
What is the difference between Mobile Joomla Basic and the Remove Support Ads Extension? Is one recommended over the other? I'm using Joomla v3.1.

If I purchase the Basic version can I install it over the Free version or do I need to uninstall the free version first?

I'd also like to chime in on these pop up ads. I don't mind having a banner at the bottom of my mobile site. A banner at the bottom of the page is exactly how you describe the ads - unobtrusive. I love open source software and try to support various projects so having a banner on my site is a minor inconvenience for free software.

Unfortunately these popups are interfering with my visitors' experience on my site. A popup is OBTRUSIVE. Please go back to displaying banners or at least give Mobile Joomla users the choice and the ability to control the ad type in the admin settings. If you continue to use the popups I think you're clearly advertising them falsely by claiming that they're unobtrusive.

Re: Pop Up Ads 10 years, 1 month ago #16995

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Remove Support Ads is a legacy plugins for old MobileJoomla releases. Using of MobileJoomla Basic is preferable.

Any of MobileJoomla versions can be installed over previously installed one (both to upgrade or downgrade).

Re: Pop Up Ads 10 years ago #17172

• Slacker
  • Fresh Boarder
I have made a HTML-module with short information about Candy Crush Saga in two lines. Then I assign this module to position mj_all_header, which makes that only mobile visitors sees this information. This position is only available for mobile templates.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.