Username Password: Remember me

Google AMP support
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Google AMP support

Google AMP support 7 years, 7 months ago #20194

• infohouse
  • Fresh Boarder
What are the plans for Mobile Joomla supporting Google AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages) ?

Re: Google AMP support 7 years, 7 months ago #20197

Hello,

Can you provide us more details about the Google AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages) ? Do you have issues with compatibility? If possible, send us more details so that we can forward this to our lead developer.

Best,

John Mark C.
Mobile Joomla! Support

Re: Google AMP support 7 years, 7 months ago #20203

• infohouse
  • Fresh Boarder
I have been told that Google SE results for mobile searches are now providing preference to webpages that are optimized for Google Amp. We have been told that having support for AMP might be a requirement to rank all mobile pages, much like being mobile compatible. Assuming the previous statements are true:

Currently all of my mobile pages are served up by Mobile Joomla.

There are html tags and requirements that pages need to conform to to be considerd an "AMP" page. Google explains here:
www.ampproject.org/docs/get_started/about-amp.html

and with step by step starting here:
www.ampproject.org/docs/get_started/create/basic_markup.html

Here is a plugin that works with Joomla to create AMP compatible pages, assuming I have to turn off Mobile Joomla.
weeblr.com/blog/accelerated-mobile-page-for-joomla

If I was to use the latter plugin, then I think I would need to turn off mobile joomla, use a responsive template to handle mobile, and the weeblr plugin to support Mobile Amp. I ask because I don't like to assume.

Thanks!

Re: Google AMP support 7 years, 7 months ago #20205

Hello infohouse,

Thanks for the details. I'll forward your feature request to our lead developer. We will get back to you for updates.

Best,

John Mark C.
Mobile Joomla! Support
The following user(s) said Thank You: ssnobben

Re: Google AMP support 7 years, 5 months ago #20296

• AdinaG
  • Fresh Boarder
Has this been resolved? I too wish to add the AMP to my site...

Re: Google AMP support 7 years, 5 months ago #20297

Hello,

We don't have support for AMP for now, and while we've investigated it in detail, we don't have plans for including it in Mobile Joomla! anytime soon. AMP is currently more about content distribution than about optimizing for mobile, and it comes with all sorts of other issues, limitations and overhead. At this point it does not seem like a feasible option for the masses. We will keep monitoring its development and progress though.

Best,

John Mark C.
Mobile Joomla! Support
Last Edit: 7 years, 5 months ago by john.causing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ssnobben
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.