Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

List of Phone Types for each of WAP, Smartphone,iMobile,iPhone
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: List of Phone Types for each of WAP, Smartphone,iMobile,iPhone

List of Phone Types for each of WAP, Smartphone,iMobile,iPhone 12 years, 8 months ago #5134

New to Mobile Joomla... nice extension!

I cannot seem to find the list of phones that will use each of the respective templates (WAP/Smartphone/iMobile/iPhone). So for example, if I have a HTC Verizon Android, what template will be used?

I downloaded the wurfl.xml file and spent some time trying to map a phone to a template, but not sure this is the place I should be looking for this information... and not real sure how to do it.

The reason I would like this information is to be able to test each template using a PC Firefox tool called Modify Headers, and I cannot figure out how to trigger each of the four templates. (the tool allows me to alter the HTML header).

Any help is appriiciated,

Dennis

Re: List of Phone Types for each of WAP, Smartphone,iMobile,iPhone 12 years, 8 months ago #5152

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
dennis@denniskmetz.com wrote:
if I have a HTC Verizon Android, what template will be used?

Smartphone (mobile_pda). Currently it is used for most of modern phones and pdas (except of iPhone/iPod/iPad).

dennis@denniskmetz.com wrote:
The reason I would like this information is to be able to test each template using a PC Firefox tool called Modify Headers, and I cannot figure out how to trigger each of the four templates. (the tool allows me to alter the HTML header).

Just clear cookies before switch to another UA.
Or use ?device=[xhtml|iphone|chtml|wml|desktop] url parameter to force corresponding mobile mode.

Re: List of Phone Types for each of WAP, Smartphone,iMobile,iPhone 12 years, 8 months ago #5230

How can I determine that the HTC Android (or any other phone) is mapped to the mobil_pda (smartphone) template of Mobile Joomla myself... without asking on this forum or without testing using the actual phone(s)?

I guess what I am asking is if there is a published list (of devices) that maps a mobile device to one of the four phone templates used in Mobile Joomla?

Re: List of Phone Types for each of WAP, Smartphone,iMobile,iPhone 12 years, 8 months ago #5233

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
In the case of using Mobile-TeraWURFL plugin it's based on "preferred markup" parameter of the device.

Mobile-Simple plugin just check for "User-Agent" header for known iPhones/iPod[/iPad] and i-mode headers to detect iPhone and i-mode correspondingly. If this check fails, then the plugin check for "Accept" header to check that the phone support html format. It it is, then Smartphone mode will be used, otherwise WAP mode.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dennis@denniskmetz.com
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.