Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Module isn't working on Iphone - Help will be very appreciated.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Module isn't working on Iphone - Help will be very appreciated.

Module isn't working on Iphone - Help will be very appreciated. 13 years, 9 months ago #421

• koogorah
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi all, thank you for your help and advice in advance.

Mobile Joomla was installed properly and it works for other handset but not for Iphone, it detects the iphone as a PC since it redirect it to the PC url I entered.
Can you please advice.

Your user agent: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7

Many thanks,
Kunal

Module isn't working on Iphone - Help will be very appreciated. 13 years, 9 months ago #1943

• miohtama
  • Expert Boarder
Hi,

I teted your user agent against mobilejoomla.com using Firefox User Agent Switcher add-on. It detected the user agent correctly. What working mobile user agent you are using?

Possible error causes

- Mobile handset db not up-to-date

- Caching issue

Can you post the site URL which you are working with?

Module isn't working on Iphone - Help will be very appreciated. 13 years, 9 months ago #1944

• koogorah
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi! thanks for the quick reply - I am testing directly from my iphone - and the url is m.jobsataramco.eu

Module isn't working on Iphone - Help will be very appreciated. 13 years, 9 months ago #1945

• miohtama
  • Expert Boarder
Have you succesfully tested the site with any other mobile devices in mobile mode? If you have can you please tell which devices.

Trying to figure out where to pinpoint the problem.

Cheers

Module isn't working on Iphone - Help will be very appreciated. 13 years, 9 months ago #1946

• koogorah
  • Fresh Boarder
Yes, I tested it with a blackberry, and wap on a nokia. I think it is because I have the new OS 4 on my iphone... what do you think?

Thanks a lot for your help mate!

Module isn't working on Iphone - Help will be very appreciated. 13 years, 9 months ago #1947

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
koogorah, first of all check iphone tab of MJ settings, the choosen iphone template should be mobile_iphone. Then check that "Mobile Joomla Plugin" and "Mobile - Simple" plugins are published. If it will not help, try to disable "Mobile - Domains" plugin, and if the latter helps you it means that you have problem in settings of MJ domains.

Module isn't working on Iphone - Help will be very appreciated. 13 years, 9 months ago #1948

• dryabov
  • Administrator
koogorah wrote:
I think it is because I have the new OS 4 on my iphone... what do you think?

It may be. To check just disable "Mobile - TeraWURFL" plugin (keeping "Mobile - Simple" enabled!) and visit the site from iPhone ("Mobile - Simple" uses another method of iphone determination, but unfortunately it cannot determine screen resolution correctly).

Module isn't working on Iphone - Help will be very appreciated. 13 years, 9 months ago #1949

• koogorah
  • Fresh Boarder
Wow, thank you for the flow of suggestions - I checked the template for iphone and it's mobile_iphone.
Checked the plugins - everything with "mobile" in front of it is published. Tried disabling Mobile - Domains nothing changed (I am not using domain redirection). And finally tried to disable TeraWURFL and leave Simple in - but still didn't work.

I tried it on an iphone with OS 3 - still didn't work ... hmm very strange...

I really appreciate all your help! Thanks -

Module isn't working on Iphone - Help will be very appreciated. 13 years, 9 months ago #1950

• dryabov
  • Administrator
Do you have any 3rdparty plugins installed?

Do you have template assigned to default menu item?

Module isn't working on Iphone - Help will be very appreciated. 13 years, 9 months ago #1953

• koogorah
  • Fresh Boarder
Nothing works - Ok to make things easier I'll delete and clear everything. Install a fresh joomla then install only mobile joomla hopefully that will work.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.