Username Password: Remember me

Upgrade Procedure / Tutorial
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Upgrade Procedure / Tutorial

Upgrade Procedure / Tutorial 14 years ago #257

• RavingMad
  • Fresh Boarder
Searched this entire forum and the wiki and google but cannot find a detailed instruction tutorial for upgrading Kuneri Mobile. The only reference I found is one very old Blog post was to "uninstall before installing" but no explanation of what to unintsall. There is not only a component, there is modules and plugins combined with Kuneri. Must the component and each plugin and module be uninstalled manually before upgrading?

I think a tut on this in the Wiki would be most helpful to users.

Upgrade Procedure / Tutorial 14 years ago #1624

• RavingMad
  • Fresh Boarder
Duh .... actually very easy. I've been accustomed to many joomla extensions NOT cleanly uninstalling but Kuneri have mastered this with a spiffy clean uninstall. If you've made any customisations to your templates then back them up first or re-make those changes afterwards.

Simply go to administrator > extensions > install/uninstall > components > click on Mobile Joomla and click Uninstall (voila ... easy as pie). Reinstall the new one, putting any settings back should take you about 5 seconds. I use FTP layer so there is no permissions problems with the uninstall but if you do run into problems you're going to have to delete the templates and component folders manually before reinstalling.

Upgrade Procedure / Tutorial 13 years, 8 months ago #2149

• 2020media
  • Fresh Boarder
It might be worth backing up your administrator/components/com_mobilejoomla/config.php file as all the settings will be lost on upgrade.
I did notice extra fields can appear in the config.php file in newer versions so you can't simply copy it back after upgrade - best to compare the differences in the old and new file.

The settings in the modules appear to be preserved. I think the difference is where the module settings are stored in the database and are not removed on uninstall.

2020Media.
UK Joomla Hosting by experts: www.2020media.com/joomla

Upgrade Procedure / Tutorial 13 years, 8 months ago #2150

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
2020media wrote:
It might be worth backing up your administrator/components/com_mobilejoomla/config.php file as all the settings will be lost on upgrade.

The settings will be lost if you uninstall MJ, and then install it again. In the case of installing new version over existing MJ keeps all the settings.

Upgrade Procedure / Tutorial 13 years, 8 months ago #2152

• 2020media
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi

Ok, so the instructions from 'RavingMad' wouldn't be the preferred method then?

Don't uninstall first, just install over the top?

Rex
2020Media

Joomla Hosting: www.2020media.com/joomla
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.