Username Password: Remember me

Chrome being detected as iMode
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Chrome being detected as iMode

Chrome being detected as iMode 9 years, 4 months ago #18139

• gavinhanly
  • Fresh Boarder
Just recently - maybe the latest update - mobile joomla has started detecting Chrome as iMode and now links started appearing with "device=chtml" on them (which ends up being cached). Is there any way to disable "device=chtml" from appearing?

www.hot-dinners.com/Features/?device=chtml
Last Edit: 9 years, 4 months ago by gavinhanly.

Re: Chrome being detected as iMode 9 years, 4 months ago #18142

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Just visit www.hot-dinners.com/Features/?device=auto to reset forced mobile mode.

Do you use 3rdparty caching extension (or a caching proxy like Varnish)? Usually it is the most probably way to get /?device=chtml parameter in "standard" content.

Re: Chrome being detected as iMode 9 years, 4 months ago #18160

• gavinhanly
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi - not that I'm aware of. It was purely a Chrome issue - it's not happening on any other browsers (if I log into admin it confirmed "basic mode" on firefox). 

That link seems to have done the trick though - so thanks for that.

Re: Chrome being detected as iMode 9 years, 4 months ago #18169

• gavinhanly
  • Fresh Boarder
Unfortunately - the problem's back. Whenever I log into the back-end it keeps registering me as "imode" - although only on Chrome. This is happening across multiple computers. Is no one else experiencing this?

When you say 3rd party caching - do you mean by a joomla extension? If so, no - I only use the existing Joomla cache. But if I;m seeing it in the non-cached back-end could there be another problem?

Re: Chrome being detected as iMode 9 years, 3 months ago #18251

• gavinhanly
  • Fresh Boarder
HI - can anyone help me with this one as it's slightly driving me crazy. I.e. links on the site being cached as "device=chtml" and when I log into admin (only on Chrome) it's detecting my browser as "imode". Is there any way to disable imode?

Re: Chrome being detected as iMode 9 years, 3 months ago #18260

• dryabov
  • Administrator
Do you use a 3rdparty caching extension or a proxy server (like Varnish)?

Re: Chrome being detected as iMode 9 years, 2 months ago #18274

• gavinhanly
  • Fresh Boarder
I use jotcache - but the same things was happening with Joomla cache. The strange thing is that the backend detects me as "imode" on Chrome - but I'm not logged in there - so why would that be?

Re: Chrome being detected as iMode 9 years, 2 months ago #18275

• gavinhanly
  • Fresh Boarder
Sorry - just realised I wrote that incorrectly. What I meant to say was that the back-end isn't cached - but it's still detecting chrome as imode regularly within the admin section for Mobile Joomla. Why would that be?

Re: Chrome being detected as iMode 9 years, 2 months ago #18276

• dryabov
  • Administrator
Backend doesn't detect device, it just inform you if your current mobile mode (stored in cookie) is not default one. Most likely you visited a link with ?device=chtml parameter in URL (such a link might be displayed because of 3rdparty cache extension like JotCache). I'll try to look at sources of JotCache to found a workaround. Old releases of MobileJoomla had similar conflicts with Joomla's System-Cache plugin, and JotCache is a kind of improved System-Cache plugin.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.